Sports Illustrated Cover, how many UT covers?

XtennesseeX

Premium Member
With the Lady Vols on the new SI Cover, I was wondering how many times UT has been on the cover?

New Cover:

SI-Cover-600.jpg

Here is all of the ones I found:

SI.jpg

after UT beat Auburn in 85 they had the cover of SI
:thumbsup:

I don't get a subscription to SI anymore but Is the Candice Parker cover on the regular SI's or just a special cover to reap some profit from sales to UT fans??

She is just on the special collector's edition covering the Lady Vols NC...not exactly sure that counts.

If it does though, then our collector's edition from the 1998 BCSNC should be included.

Also, I would not count any SI on Campus, SI Kids, etc.

However, I would add the following to:
1030_mid.jpg

0209_large.jpg

0314_large.jpg

1007_large.jpg

I don't believe I would count covers in which UT players are getting beat...

That would be like calling our "SEC Power" cover a UGA cover. :twocents:

I don't believe I would count covers in which UT players are getting beat...

That would be like calling our "SEC Power" cover a UGA cover. :twocents:

Eh...it came up when I searched for "Tennessee" on that link, and it does show Vols on the cover. Omit it if you wish.

Eh...it came up when I searched for "Tennessee" on that link, and it does show Vols on the cover. Omit it if you wish.
I will omit the SI cover that "glorifies" our 86-75 loss to Maryland...which bounced us from the postseason.

some of those must be regional, I've subscribed for 10+ years, and haven't seen half of those.

Me too. It was a great read between classes.

I usually read it during classes. The crossword was a nice in-class activity, as well. I actually miss the Daily Beacon, mainly because of the NY Times crossword it provided.

VN Store

Back