VOL Football Player Dismissed ??

Tennessee dismisses DB Fellows
SI.Com

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee defensive back Roshaun Fellows was dismissed from the team Friday, coach Phillip Fulmer announced.

Fulmer said Fellows violated team rules but gave no other details about the dismissal.

Fellows, a rising senior, missed all of last season after having surgery on a torn pectoral muscle. He started 12 of 23 games during his career and was slated to battle Marsalous Johnson at starting right cornerback this fall.

The violation of team rules.

As much as I hate this news, it shows that CPF is taking no crap and no one is safe. You put team before individuals and make sure everyone follows the rules.

No D-II game suspensions here.

our secondary is thin enough as it is. fellows was one of the guys i was actually comfortable with at cornerback.

Maybe Urban should take notice on how to hand out punishment...oh wait...Fellows will be reinstated for the UF game...nm. :crazy:

This is frustrating...but the frustration is with Fellows. He's a senior, and you don't expect this from seniors.

We're thin on experienced players in the secondary...so it'll be important for Evans, Willingham, McKenzie, and Berry to step up quickly.

This is frustrating...but the frustration is with Fellows. He's a senior, and you don't expect this from seniors.

We're thin on experienced players in the secondary...so it'll be important for Evans, Willingham, McKenzie, and Berry to step up quickly.

Ditto

At least Coach Fulmer showed that he's got a pair and did the right thing. Unlike the coach at your other main rival.

Maybe Urban should take notice on how to hand out punishment...oh wait...Fellows will be reinstated for the UF game...nm. :crazy:

I knew someone would make theis comparison. A few things to consider before you do: 1) ut player violated team rules, whereas uf's thomas violated university policy, invoking uf procedure; 2) u don't know what the violation here was, whether it was an ongoing problem, etc.; 3) u don't know whether other disiplinary authorities are involved, I.e. police.I am not saying it is impossible the two can be compared. I'm saying you don't know yet.

When you have a roster of 100 young men, they're not all going to be choir boys. There's not a team in the country that won't have some players who step out of line...so you can count on having some of these problems. But, over the past couple of seasons, I think Fulmer's done a nice job of laying out the rules, and holding his football players accountable for obeying those rules. Players must understand that playing on Saturdays is not an entitlement...and if you want to play, you need to be responsible for yourself and hold your teammates accountable. I just hope that it helps the team maintain its focus, and I hope that focus helps us earn a conference championship this year....we'll see.

Ok, ok LG...valid points...I just couldn't resist the temptation to take the jab. :)

Anyone know if Fellows had any other team rule violations during his stay on The Hill?

Truth is we know absolutely nothing yet. "Dismissed from the team" in fact, does not necessarily mean permanently. We know nothing. Hold all conclusions would be the best advice...

I'd say he's off the team for good...otherwise, I think coach Fulmer would have "suspended" Fellows. I could be wrong though.

VN Store

Back