How many games will Coker be suspended for?

How many games will Coker be suspended for?

• Total voters

WA_Vol

I'm guessing 2, Cal and Southern Miss.

He will be reinstated before the Florida game (surprise, surprise).
Anybody have any additional info?

I'm guessing 2, Cal and Southern Miss.

He will be reinstated before the Florida game (surprise, surprise).
Anybody have any additional info?

I say your right about him coming back by the FL game. Coaches will continue to take advantage of this until the NCAA lays down the law, and has a standard method to deal with these athletes.

I have no clue since I still do not definitively know what he did or how many times he did it to get suspended in the first place.

I think there's a chance if he really gets things straightened out and impresses Fulmer that he's not suspended for any games.

All rumored, but from what I've heard, at this point Hamilton doesn't sound real interested in allowing him to return.

He has to prove he wants to be back before they just let him come back. Just cause he is talented doesn't mean he can break the rules and be allowed to play.

He has to prove he wants to be back before they just let him come back. Just cause he is talented doesn't mean he can break the rules and be allowed to play.

Arian Foster had no problem with that last year before the Arkansas game.

D-Mo never went to class and played 3/4 of the season.

If he's talented and Fulmer thinks we need him to win, he'll play.

I doubt he gets any suspension at all. I'm just saying that VOL-PA sounded like he needed no punishment.

I thought many of us came to the conclusion that it was pain meds? Or has this been disproven.. Fulmer threw us off by saying there were medical circumstances we didn't know about..

Even if he is not suspended for Florida game, I am not so sure he works himself back into the rotation for that game.

I just hope he can contribute by the time UGA & Alabama come around -- our backfield will need a strong second wind for those games.

I thought many of us came to the conclusion that it was pain meds? Or has this been disproven.. Fulmer threw us off by saying there were medical circumstances we didn't know about..

Marijuana addiction could be deemed a "medical condition." And HIPPAA could be used as a reason not to divulge this???

Not sure, just speculating.

:unsure:

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but he violated a substance abuse policy and failed a drug test, which tells you he's been doing some illegal stuff. He's had grade issues, which can probably be linked to the former, so that just adds on to the problem.

It would be nice if they came out publicly and stated how long he'll be out. But apparently he and the coaches don't want to do that. I hope it is something relatively minor.

There are some confusing things about what has been said though. As mentioned, the reference to a medical problem would seem to rule out pot... unless they're calling a psychological addiction a medical condition. But then there was the thing about everyone being surprised considering his recent change of attitude... including Coker.

I mean how can you be surprised if you know you did it? Maybe he thought he'd gotten away with it? Maybe an old test? Maybe he missed some counseling and didn't think it would matter?

I'm praying for the kid... I hope whatever it is, he grabs on to someone like Parrish to get through it. KNS had a good article about Parrish and sticking through difficulty with faith and prayer.

It would be nice if they came out publicly and stated how long he'll be out. But apparently he and the coaches don't want to do that. I hope it is something relatively minor.

There are some confusing things about what has been said though. As mentioned, the reference to a medical problem would seem to rule out pot... unless they're calling a psychological addiction a medical condition. But then there was the thing about everyone being surprised considering his recent change of attitude... including Coker.

I mean how can you be surprised if you know you did it? Maybe he thought he'd gotten away with it? Maybe an old test? Maybe he missed some counseling and didn't think it would matter?

I'm praying for the kid... I hope whatever it is, he grabs on to someone like Parrish to get through it. KNS had a good article about Parrish and sticking through difficulty with faith and prayer.

Nobody has said how long he'll be out because nobody knows. If he really changes, cooperates with the counseling, quits smoking stuff he shouldn't be smoking and can show his attitude and life are in order then he could most definitely be back by the opener. I'm sure there will be another drug test coming up, but nobody knows when that'll be because nobody, but himself, knows how much he was smoking. It's totally up in the air because the only person who can get him back is himself. He has to show the university and the athletic dept. that he's changed and wants to stay clean. Fulmer said he was crying and very remorseful when he told him the news of the suspension, so if he really means those tears and wants to change, then we could see him back soon.

Nobody has said how long he'll be out because nobody knows. If he really changes, cooperates with the counseling, quits smoking stuff he shouldn't be smoking and can show his attitude and life are in order then he could most definitely be back by the opener. I'm sure there will be another drug test coming up, but nobody knows when that'll be because nobody, but himself, knows how much he was smoking. It's totally up in the air because the only person who can get him back is himself. He has to show the university and the athletic dept. that he's changed and wants to stay clean. Fulmer said he was crying and very remorseful when he told him the news of the suspension, so if he really means those tears and wants to change, then we could see him back soon.

Exactly why I think he will be back before the Cal game, with little to no suspension.

VN Store

Back