Are there any skeptics?

TennFan

Okay, who wants to put down our Vols and coaching staff -Phil inlcuded?

Not me! As I mentioned earlier in the season, I thought it was possible to win between 9 and 11 games. If the Vols hadn't turned over the ball twice in the 4th quarter against LSU, the Vols could have had 11 wins and could have gone to the Sugar Bowl rather than Georgia.
After losing to Bama and the remaining schedule it looked rough down the stretch. It could have been a 7-5 season in lieu of the Vols going to the SEC Championship game. Never give up on our Vols until the bell sounds.

How about our men's basketball team? Hope they can keep it up! I think the men's team has a good shot at winning the SEC and possibly the SEC tourney. I think the men will be a top 10 at the end of the regular season.
GO VOLS!

Not me! As I mentioned earlier in the season, I thought it was possible to win between 9 and 11 games. If the Vols hadn't turned over the ball twice in the 4th quarter against LSU, the Vols could have had 11 wins and could have gone to the Sugar Bowl rather than Georgia.
After losing to Bama and the remaining schedule it looked rough down the stretch. It could have been a 7-5 season in lieu of the Vols going to the SEC Championship game. Never give up on our Vols until the bell sounds.

How about our men's basketball team? Hope they can keep it up! I think the men's team has a good shot at winning the SEC and possibly the SEC tourney. I think the men will be a top 10 at the end of the regular season.
GO VOLS!

While I give the Vols credit for getting it turned around somewhat, some of the play calling today was just bad. I mean like Ashlee Simpson trying to sing bad.

You can put me in with the skeptical crowd. I'm happy about the 10 win season and all, but it just wasn't that great of a season. The only game the Vols can hang their hats on is the Georgia game.

Until the Vols start winning some of their big games(UF, Cal, Bama, LSU), I'll continue to be somewhat skeptical. Right now, it's just typical Fulmer ball. Struggling and winning against the weaklings and losing to the good teams doesn't get it done in my book. Never has, never will.

:clapping:Boy, that makes me feel better about those embarrassing blowouts to our two biggest rivals, stinking up the SEC Championship game and having to play in a minor bowl game so early in the day that most of the country was either hungover or still asleep. Let's celebrate and give the coaches a big raise.
]

i'm with ya owb. I have optimism for next season finally, but i'm still not convinced this team is going to do anything special next year. UGA just gets better, UF gets better unless Tebow falls apart which is a likely possibility. In the West Bama gets better and we have to go to The Plains next year.

:clapping:Boy, that makes me feel better about those embarrassing blowouts to our two biggest rivals, stinking up the SEC Championship game and having to play in a minor bowl game so early in the day that most of the country was either hungover or still asleep. Let's celebrate and give the coaches a big raise.
]

Stinking up the SECCG? You mean the one we had the lead in during the 4th quarter against the team playing in the NC game. Riiiiight.

]

When you say stinking up the sec championship game, do you mean losing by one possession? To the team that is playing for the nation title? Is that what you mean?

How did you possibly bear being a Tennessee fan before 1998? We hadnt won a national title probably in your lifetime? You must have been a emotional wreck.

Call me challenged, but I missed the part where the guy said anything about National Championships.

GO VOLS!

the only gripe i have about the game today was cutcliffe. it was obvious his mind was elsewhere. either that or he was just having an off day.......

OK your challenged.

The guy is acting like the only team with a successful season is the national title team.

Where did you see that? B/c now you've called me challenged, and it looks to me like you are the one taking what the guy is saying and putting it in the most extreme terms possible.

Where did you see that? B/c now you've called me challenged, and it looks to me like you are the one taking what the guy is saying and putting it in the most extreme terms possible.

That is what i am doing. But thats basically what he means.

That is what i am doing. But thats basically what he means.

No it's not. He is saying that in the end, moral victories like the SECCG this year do nothing for our program. If we had the tradition of South Carolina, then you could have something, but not for Tennessee.

He is only saying he expects better than moral victories. Nothing more, nothing less. You are blowing it way out of proportion.

VN Store

Back