Brad Cottam

KLayneUT8

to me he looks like he got the tools to be a NFL tight end but he not goin to be drafted i wudnt think unless he get invited to the combine....do u think he will???

Chris Brown will get some looks but I don't see him making a team. Cottam could have gotten a lot of money in the draft if he hadn't of been injured. That size and speed = money. He will still make a team and hopefully he does well.

Brad, if you happen to read this thread, thanks man. We all were glad to see you score that TD. I know the folks in Germantown and ECS are very proud of you!!

Cottam is awesome and should get plenty of looks in the NFL.

I agree, Cottam will get drafted, and he may have lost money this year, but if he stays healthy, his money will come down the road. Really underused thru his career. With his size, should have been a prime target on every passing down.

For what it's worth, I think Brad will get a good look thanks to the success of Jason Witten. They're very similar in body and speed (not to mention came from the same background of being a Volunteer)

to me he looks like he got the tools to be a NFL tight end but he not goin to be drafted i wudnt think unless he get invited to the combine....do u think he will???

butchered that.

anyway, how did this guy slip through the cracks on us? i mean every time i've seen him play, i think to myself this guy has to be taken by somebody in the NFL.

Cottam will definately be drafted.. for sure..
and I would love to see Chris Brown make it on a team.. but right now, i say its 50/50.. mainly because there are alot bigger and more athletic TE's out there than Brown..
But Brown does have a lot of talent

I would say this about C. Brown, he is one of those guys every head coach loves, can play a couple of places, will do anything, solid citizen, great teammate. So on that his chances could be good to stick around with a team, just on his intangibles.

I think teams will be drooling after him during the combine... what a waste that he couldn't play more, seems like he got better every time he touched the ball.

Cottam will be drafted b/c of size and uppside.. Brown prob will be free agent signing (practice squad)

butchered that.

anyway, how did this guy slip through the cracks on us? i mean every time i've seen him play, i think to myself this guy has to be taken by somebody in the NFL.

I have had similar thoughts, injury played a part, but didn't seem like we used him as much as we could. Of course Chris Brown had a little to do with that. I think CB has a chance in the NFL, he came up with many crucial pass receptions, and blocked well. Cottam does have the better "package" as far as NFL scouts go.

Brown wont have to be better than those guys. He will most likely end up at FB and some FB hybrid in the NFL. I dont think he would be able to play a traditional TE role in the NFL.

VN Store

Back