Its Offical - (buzz)

Can't say I'm surprised. As we talked about in another thread, there was no reason to announce a decision would be made after the tournament unless they were going to run him.

good job 2345.

well lets start from scratch again fellas.

now lets figure out the best coach out there who would come here. and dont say knight because it aint gonna happen.

This is the part I hate. Picking the up and coming coach and praying he's for real. After, O'Neill, Green and Peterson, I would really like to see us just throw the bank at a big name and see what happens.

yeah right. us spend money on mens b-ball.

I know. I know.

But obviously the last few hires haven't turned out so great. Of course, I don't know that we have enough money to lure a big name to Knoxville anyway. Why would a big time coach want to go to Tennessee?

This might be a stretch but maybe Jeff Lebo. He coached at Tennessee Tech and Chattanooga before taking his present job at Auburn. He is no stranged to the state of Tennessee.

Originally posted by cookeville_vol@Mar 13, 2005 9:45 PM
This might be a stretch but maybe Jeff Lebo. He coached at Tennessee Tech and Chattanooga before taking his present job at Auburn. He is no stranged to the state of Tennessee.

I heard Lebo's name mentioned and while he proved that he can out recruit Buzz in his first year, I am not sure he is the right guy.

I have heard Rick Barnes name mentioned. I would love to have him. I guess if we choose the mid-major route again then Greg Marshall at Winthrop comes to mind.

I would pass on him. He isn't doing very good were he is at right now. Maybe that bench coach for duke. I can;t seem to remeber his name. Mike dourghtey or something like that.

I am really still trying to digest this whole thing. While I feel that it's the right decision assuming that we are commited to getting the right guy, I am kind of suprised that Hamilton pulled the trigger.

Well, i feel this is only the right move if we get someone who is a stayer and not another 4 year mess.

Here are a few names or names of schools with good coaches.

Johnny Dawkins- Duke

Steve Lavin- works for espn

head coach from Pacific

Reggie Theus- Louisville

Jeff Capel- VCU

Matt Doughtery- No where

Head coach from Eastern Kentucky

Originally posted by Vols4life@Mar 13, 2005 10:07 PM

Johnny Dawkins- Duke

head coach from Pacific

Reggie Theus- Louisville

Jeff Capel- VCU

Matt Doughtery- No where

Travis Ford is the head coach at E.K.U....He is a good coach but not a whole of experience...He is a Pitino boy....

Originally posted by allvolinky+Mar 13, 2005 10:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (allvolinky @ Mar 13, 2005 10:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vols4life@Mar 13, 2005 10:07 PM

Johnny Dawkins- Duke

head coach from Pacific

Reggie Theus- Louisville

Jeff Capel- VCU

Matt Doughtery- No where

Travis Ford is the head coach at E.K.U....He is a good coach but not a whole of experience...He is a Pitino boy.... [/quote]
Is that the Travis Ford that used to play at Kentucky?

Yes he coahed at Campbellsville Univerisity and small school here in Kentucky before going to EKU....He seems to be on the right track, but I believe he needs a few more years under his belt before coming to a larger univerisity..

What about the coach at Missouri....He played for Duke and is seem to be having success there....I can&#39;t think of his name...

VN Store

Back