Interesting thoughts from Luke Winn

He mentions cruel fate if UT were slotted against UNC or Duke in a regional final. I don't care where it is aside from UNC or Duke's home court. I like for UT any matchup involving those two. I've said it all season (even as a Duke fan) that UT is a more athletic version of Duke. UNC just won't play any D and that doesn't bode well for them against a team that can run. Hansbrough might die in a track race of the two squads.

I am not sure the last time I saw a more incorrect statement on this board than that last one. Hansbrough is a man among boys that goes 110% on EVERY play, no matter how many minutes he plays. If we played Carolina, he would probably have 25 & 15, at least.

Other than that though, I do think you are correct in saying that we can beat both of those two. Duke has less of an inside presence than we do and with Carolina, if you contain Ellington, you have a great shot at beating them, with or without Lawson.

He mentions cruel fate if UT were slotted against UNC or Duke in a regional final. I don't care where it is aside from UNC or Duke's home court. I like for UT any matchup involving those two. I've said it all season (even as a Duke fan) that UT is a more athletic version of Duke. UNC just won't play any D and that doesn't bode well for them against a team that can run. Hansbrough might die in a track race of the two squads.

i agree...UCLA, Memphis, and Kansas would be tough match ups for us though.

I am not sure the last time I saw a more incorrect statement on this board than that last one. Hansbrough is a man among boys that goes 110% on EVERY play, no matter how many minutes he plays. If we played Carolina, he would probably have 25 & 15, at least.

Other than that though, I do think you are correct in saying that we can beat both of those two. Duke has less of an inside presence than we do and with Carolina, if you contain Ellington, you have a great shot at beating them, with or without Lawson.

I honestly would not mind the Hansbrough-Chism match up

Hansbrough wants no part of a UT - UNC track meet. In fact, we're one of the few teams they'd play a bit slower against.

I don't care how much of the ESPN Psycho-T kool-aid you've had, he doesn't play harder than everyone else and he's not made for transition basketball. He needs friendly officiating and a void at the center of the opposition.

Lol.

You been sippin Jay Bilas' psycho-t juice, eh?

It may have happened before the tourny expanded to 64/65 teams, but I don't think so in the current format.

Give me Duke all day long. They don't scare me at all. From what I have seen, it's fairly obvious that we are better than them thanks to our athleticism.

UNC is the team that scares me the most with Kansas probably being the other team (UCLA close 3rd). I just hate our matchup with Hansbrough. I know we are alot better than last year, but they seemed to manhandle us in that preseason tourney. I just don't like that matchup in the least bit. Not saying we can't win the game, but I would rather not see it until the championship game.

Give me Duke all day long. They don't scare me at all. From what I have seen, it's fairly obvious that we are better than them thanks to our athleticism.

UNC is the team that scares me the most with Kansas probably being the other team (UCLA close 3rd). I just hate our matchup with Hansbrough. I know we are alot better than last year, but they seemed to manhandle us in that preseason tourney. I just don't like that matchup in the least bit. Not saying we can't win the game, but I would rather not see it until the championship game.

It should be noted that three brand new freshmen were getting starting minutes in that game.

My absolute favorite moment from the game is when he hit that bank, and threw up the 3 as he ran back down the court.

Watched the replay of the game last night, I would list some of my favorite moments as:

1) Cal calling timeout so quickly into the game
2) Prince dunking on the stolen feed from Lofton
3) Tyler hitting essentially the game winner

Watched the replay of the game last night, I would list some of my favorite moments as:

1) Cal calling timeout so quickly into the game
2) Prince dunking on the stolen feed from Lofton
3) Tyler hitting essentially the game winner

Tyler hitting the game winner is my 2nd favorite... but man Wayne is so happy all the time. Seeing him hit that shot made me laugh so much. It was great.

Tyler hitting the game winner is my 2nd favorite... but man Wayne is so happy all the time. Seeing him hit that shot made me laugh so much. It was great.

It was a great moment - especially considering that him hitting a few of those isn't a fluke...he's done it all year. The only problem is when he throws them up when a better option was available...it seems like he is always going to hit 1 or 2 when he throws those up...

It was a great moment - especially considering that him hitting a few of those isn't a fluke...he's done it all year. The only problem is when he throws them up when a better option was available...it seems like he is always going to hit 1 or 2 when he throws those up...

Yep. The fact that he continually banks 3 pointers in... and it always demoralizes the other team... I love it. I also love Wayne's sportsmanship. He always picks the other teams guys up when they get knocked down. Then he pats them on the head.

i dont know why no one ever talks about a 47% FT shooter hitting those two clutch FT's...that was the greatest moment of the game.

i dont know why no one ever talks about a 47% FT shooter hitting those two clutch FT's...that was the greatest moment of the game.

On ESPN First Take today they had a guy on (can't recall who) that recapped the UT vs Memphis Game. The first point he made was about the Prince FT's. He even told the story about Coach Cal referring to Prince as PJ and said I bet he remembers his name now.

Best way to deal with UNC is just to let Hansbrough get his points, and let their guards blow it for them. Their shot selection and decision making is poor. I'd take our backcourt rotation over theirs any day of the week.

Duke would just try to outscore us, because they wouldn't be able to stop us. First team to 100 would win.

VN Store

Back