Brad Cottam to the Chiefs

Evidently the Chiefs are pretty smart.Brad Cottam was a perfect choice.

Way to go, Brad!!!:)

Brad only had 20 career catches. I know he was injured quite a bit, but come on. We should have gotten him the ball more than that.

Brad only had 20 career catches. I know he was injured quite a bit, but come on. We should have gotten him the ball more than that.

You definitely wonder what might have been if he hadn't been hurt all the time. It also didn't help him that he had Chris Brown in front of him catching about 70 balls the past 2 years.

You definitely wonder what might have been if he hadn't been hurt all the time. It also didn't help him that he had Chris Brown in front of him catching about 70 balls the past 2 years.

I remember in 2004 he and Jeff Reid (I think that was his name) both had some big TD catches the first couple of games. After that, they both disappeared as receivers.

Chiefs have had a really good draft, the Titans not so much...

Justin Reed also threw a 90 MPH fastball on the mound, but there were some issues between him and Delmonico, so he never pitched in Knoxville.

Way to go Brad, best wishes with the Chiefs! GO VOLS

PS I see Kiper is still high on Ainge. Call me crazy but I would have taken Hefney over the ND safety in Baltimore, overated!

True. I think his younger brother will be much more productive then he was. The TE is more involved in the offense, plus his injuries.

Cottam reminds me of another player who really didn't do all that much at Tennessee but ended up having a pretty good NFL career -- David Martin.

What's crazy is that a guy who only caught 20 passes in his entire career can go so much higher than a guy like Erik Ainge, who played a ton. Not saying it's wrong, it's just weird.

I remember in 2004 he and Jeff Reid (I think that was his name) both had some big TD catches the first couple of games. After that, they both disappeared as receivers.

Brad sprained his ankle during the Florida game I believe and played maybe 20 snaps after that.

He stayed hurt except in 2006. That was his only semi-healthy season he had here.

VN Store

Back