Is Hefney going to be drafted?

what were his combine results? were they just awful? I just can't imagine a player going from being a legit 2nd rounder a year ago to being undrafted..

Yea I think he ran in the 4.5's which is slow for DB especially one seriously lacking in size...

I remember he was at least mentioned before the combine.

After the combine I never heard or read his name again anywhere.

I feel bad for the guy...hell of a junior senior...had the right intentions of coming back for his senior season in Knoxville and just played not to get hurt...

He had the look of an NFL corner, minus the speed. Not a good combo for getting drafted.

I think he actually ran OK at the Combine . . . his big problem was that when he got there he wasn't 5'9" as advertised. There's just not a lot of work out there for 5'7" cornerbacks in the NFL unless they are return men.

I think he actually ran OK at the Combine . . . his big problem was that when he got there he wasn't 5'9" as advertised. There's just not a lot of work out there for 5'7" cornerbacks in the NFL unless they are return men.

Hefney definitely isn't going to be returning anything at the Pro level. I see he ran a 4.56 40. That's decent for a safety, which he is way too small to play. For a corner, there are probably 25 guys that clocked better times than that. I doubt any of them are as small as he is, either. It sucks for him, but combine results are really important. The way he played his senior season certainly didn't make anyone forget about his physical shortcomings.

This is a perfect example why players should leave early if they had a monster junior year. Without question Hefney would have been drafted in some round last year. Now he has to bust his ass 6 times as hard just to get a shot.

It hurts me to say this really, but I am not surprised he didn't get drafted. After the performance he had as a senior, I would have been surprised if he had been drafted. He did not have a good year. His combine performance didn't help either. There were a lot of DB's that were available on draft day that had a much better year and performed better in the combine than Hefney did, unfortunately. Hopefully he can make it as a free agent.

Yeah I do as well wish him the best. I know the young man didn't have a good year last year, but he did play for UT so I hope he reps it well in the NFL.

VN Store

Back