Biggest Snub

yeah i think young will get signed and make a team

hefney just isn't big enough IMO.

what about biggest snub overall?

Based on last year? Id say Young before his injury...but based on a career, Hefney had some impressive numbers...

Hefney will get picked up to play CB... In a chance this is the best thing for young and hefney... Even if they would have gotten drafted in the 6th or 7th rounds they would have had to prove themselves to make the roster in the fall... at least this way they have some options as to who they want to try out for..

i kinda feel the same way. i have a feeling hefney will eventually get signed somewhere or another.

Eric Young could sign with Kansas City...he could have a great chance to compete at one of the guard spots there

According to CNNSI rankings Eric Young was the 2nd best player to go undrafted. Was this because of the injury and slow 40 time for him? That's too bad.

SI.com - 2008 NFL Draft - Best Available

The one thing that all players seem to have in common when they dont draft as high as they are projected is a lack of speed

Thanks for the link oklavol.

Wow, Elizabethton's own Vince Redd didn't get drafted. Maybe he should have stayed at UVA and played DE.

I agree the snub was Eric not being taken there too. I think Ainge was a steal,
and am glad he went 1st of all SEC QB's.

Hefney should have left last year I think too when he was ahead. Plus he was
one of 135 DB's in the Draft. His size is the issue as much as anything. At
5'8" 190lbs. (with pads).

He listed as a KR in the draft.

No, I do not think he will play as a CB ever, unless he gains some weight, banging
in college is one thing, in the NFL special teams are meant to hurt people. He may
play in pre-season if he can ink with a team. It doesn't look good, but there is
always Arena ball too.

Vince Redd was one of three players dismissed at UVA for so called "team viotations",
he was one of three players tossed when one of them was caught for weed possession.

He came to UT several visits in 02, but they wanted him at DE, and he insisted he stay
at LB. Plus he wanted to play BB, well he played one semester of BB, and Groh put him at
DT and not at LB. He then went to Liberty College, and played in the Texas vs. Nation game.

Make of it, what you think. I'd say the NFL read what Groh wrote in his file, and
thats the end of it. :crazy:

The biggest snub was Young, especially with how frantically teams were drafting any OL this year. He could have easily gone 1st Round, had his play continued, especially with the bragging rights of being on an OLine that only gave up 4 sacks (regardless of the reason).

very surprised that no one took CB. i think he will be a surprise to whomever signs him.

yeah i think young will get signed and make a team

hefney just isn't big enough IMO.

what about biggest snub overall?

Did Andre Woodson get drafted? About 5 games into the season some of the "experts" were saying he would be the first QB taken. I guess that 30 second release was more of a factor than they thought.

VN Store

Back