Berry on Athlon 2008 preview...

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
Pretty freaking cool...

Tenn-Vandy_v13.jpg

Where did you get that? Reason I ask is that I know these sports magazines run different covers to appeal to regional audiences -- just wondering how far they break it down, i.e. will the Athlon for the SEC that is sold in Florida have Tebow or Harvin on the cover?

Yes, there will be a regional one for you guys. I'd say Teabag will be on the cover of the national one too.

Yes, there will be a regional one for you guys. I'd say Teabag will be on the cover of the national one too.

Could be, but I'm predicting a lot of preseason focus this year on Notre Dame and their effort to get good again. I have no clue what kind of team they are going to have, but after last year I do think the sports press is going to pay close attention to them.

Could be, but I'm predicting a lot of preseason focus this year on Notre Dame and their effort to get good again. I have no clue what kind of team they are going to have, but after last year I do think the sports press is going to pay close attention to them.

I really hope you are wrong. You probably are right, but I can't handle a bunch of stories about the Domers and trying to return to respectability. Lou Holtz will probably pick them to win a MNC title if they are improved.

I really hope you are wrong. You probably are right, but I can't handle a bunch of stories about the Domers and trying to return to respectability. Lou Holtz will probably pick them to win a MNC title if they are improved.
No level of suckage will ever prevent ND from getting an abundance of media coverage.

Tim Tebow is the Anti-Christ.

There's no telling what the government will do to me for exposing him...but people need to know about this.

Tell the world my story.

Outside of Fla. who cares!

My post served the laudable purpose of giving the anti-Tebow crowd one more thing to be dismissive about.

What's the harm in noting that a successful athlete from a rival is using some of his time to help others? No shortage of people on here who instantly post when a Gator player is in trouble, or when an LSU QB is kicked off his team, what have you. Just figured that folks would naturally want some balance, that's all.

I think we all better enjoy these next two years of Eric Berry, he's special, hands down the best athlete over there during my time on the hill. (03-08)

I think we all better enjoy these next two years of Eric Berry, he's special, hands down the best athlete over there during my time on the hill. (03-08)

I completely concur. He was the one guy on your team in last year's Florida game who really seemed able to play at the Gators' level, particularly in terms fo speed. He really stood out for you.

He'd be a welcome addition to any program.

Tebow is very easy to dislike. His jumping around and acting like an idiot while they were running up the score on us is all it took for me. Classy guys don't try to show up the other team when the game is clearly in hand. He did just that.

There will be payback in Neyland this season.

I completely concur. He was the one guy on your team in last year's Florida game who really seemed able to play at the Gators' level, particularly in terms fo speed. He really stood out for you.

That was just one game. The "level" stuff is ridiculous. I guess Florida doesn't have players that can keep up with that "speedy" Michigan team.

What's the harm in noting that a successful athlete from a rival is using some of his time to help others? No shortage of people on here who instantly post when a Gator player is in trouble, or when an LSU QB is kicked off his team, what have you. Just figured that folks would naturally want some balance, that's all.

nothing at all provided you post it in the correct forum. No need to spam the main UT board on VN with gator crap. See NCAA forum

Tebow is very easy to dislike. His jumping around and acting like an idiot while they were running up the score on us is all it took for me. Classy guys don't try to show up the other team when the game is clearly in hand. He did just that.

There will be payback in Neyland this season.

He was excited. Can't blame him.

And there are a hundred regular Vol posters on here who insist that the final outcome of that game was a function, not of Florida being so good that it was running up the score, but rather that the Vols quit.

That was just one game. The "level" stuff is ridiculous. I guess Florida doesn't have players that can keep up with that "speedy" Michigan team.

I said "seemed able." I did not mean to imply that your other players were not objectively unable to compete. But, for whatever reason (bad coaching, hostile environment, loss of faith after the fumble-touchdown at the start of the second half), all but one of them IMO looked very much out of their legaue.

I'm not saying they were -- I'm saying they looked that way. Berry was the exception and he was notable in that regard. I sang his praises on here after that game as much as anybody.

How 'bout that. 1 guy on Tennessee's roster team can play with the Florida Gators.

nothing at all provided you post it in the correct forum. No need to spam the main UT board on VN with gator crap. See NCAA forum

Yeah, threads on here always stay 100 % on topic and never stray to something else.

Please review context before you criticize. The thread started as a comment that Berry was on the cover of Athlon, moved to how they switch out covers for regional or state-wide audiences and a discussion of who would get more attention between Tebow and Notre Dame's fall, followed by a couple of Vols posters (not me, but Vols fans) who yet again chose to throw some darts at Tebow. And in response I noted that in today's newspaper down here there's a positive article on that.

How 'bout that. 1 guy on Tennessee's roster team can play with the Florida Gators.

See right above yours. That is not what I said and certainly not what I meant. UT had plenty of players in last year's game. But only one showed up to play.

VN Store

Back