Crompton has a concussion

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I've been out of touch today. Just heard about this. Who has details?

(WVLT) -- Tennessee quarterback Jonathan Crompton suffered a concussion during Monday night's loss to UCLA, according to GoVolsXtra.com.
<SCRIPT language=Javascript type=text/javascript>if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('<table style=\"float : right;\" border=\"0\"><tbody><tr><td align=\"center\" valign=\"bottom\">');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write('<scr'+'ipt language="Javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://cas.clickability.com/cas/cas.js?r='+Math.random()+'&p=97&c=6500&m=3341&d=119776&pre=%3Ctable+style%3D%22float+%3A+right%3B%22+border%3D%220%22%3E%3Ctbody%3E%3Ctr%3E%3Ctd+align%3D%22center%22+valign%3D%22bottom%22%3E&post=%3C%2Ftd%3E%3C%2Ftr%3E%3C%2Ftbody%3E%3C%2Ftable%3E"></scr'+'ipt>'); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('</td></tr></tbody></table>');</SCRIPT>Crompton dressed for practice Wednesday but did not participate; backup quarterback Nick Stephens took the first-team reps. The junior signal-caller is also battling a sore ankle he injured during the preseason, but neither injury is expected to keep him out of the Vols' Sept. 13 meeting with UAB.
"I'm fine," Crompton told reporters after practice Wednesday, ""A little sore, nothing too bad. I'm ready to go."
Crompton and the Vols have an extra week to nurse their physical and emotional wounds following the surprising 27-24 overtime loss to the Bruins. The Sept. 13 game versus the Blazers is their home opener.

Interesting that Stephens is taking first-team reps over Coleman. I guess that solves that debate about who the number two guy is at qb.

i guess he suffered it when Lincoln missed the fg and he dove head first to the ground

TRUTH=He got the concussion from running into Foster in the backfield. No Joke. He played the entire rest of the game with the concussion. Sheds a little light on the game result.

I hope we use UAB as a good offensive tune-up game. If we can get it rolling I'll feel a lot better about our chances against better competition. If we flub it against them like we did about UCLA, well, the season is effectively over.

Interesting that Stephens is taking first-team reps over Coleman. I guess that solves that debate about who the number two guy is at qb.

I thought that was established months ago. I seem to remember a few articles at least implying Stephens was #2.

I thought that was established months ago. I seem to remember a few articles at least implying Stephens was #2.

Maybe it was. For whatever reason, I don't recall the staff ever saying who the clear #2 guy was. Of course, it's very possible that I just missed it. :)

Maybe it was. For whatever reason, I don't recall the staff ever saying who the clear #2 guy was. Of course, it's very possible that I just missed it. :)

I'm sure if something happens to Crompton that Stephens' hold on the QB spot will be tenuous. I'd expect both guys to get a chance to prove themselves.

Concussions can be a tricky thing. They can linger and give concentration problems for weeks to follow. I don't know the extent of the concussion, but once you get one the next ones come easier. I think that Crompton will be ok, but I dont see him taking any chance at getting hit before the UAB game.

kind of pisses me off, that these guys are so unaware of this concussion, and then we find it out 3 days later. If he had a concussion I would have been fine running the spread with G-GUN and foster in the back

The last drive to set up the tying Fg was the best of the 2nd half. Maybe he sould be hit on the head to start the game.

VN Store

Back