Wow....What ESPN/Mortensen Just Said!!!!!

DOCTORLOOMIS

Smith’s Grove - Warren County Sanitarium
Mortensen just said that he thinks Monte is on the way...and furthermore, he has word that Tennessee is willing to make Monte the highest paid assistant coach in America to the tune of ONE MILLION per year!!!! WOW!

Last edited:
Monte's a done deal IMO. Tampa still has a lot of football to play though.

I dont find this that surprising ... once it appeared that MK was coming with LK, I figured that would be the price tag. I think MH had a price in mind somewhat comparable to what Saban & Miles et al make - diff. is how UT is structuring it (i.e, breakdown betw HC & assistants).

I argued with my brother earlier this evening about how much Kiffin the Elder would get paid. I thought no more than 600-700, but he said more like a million. Either way he's worth it. It really goes to show that Kiffin the Younger knew exactly what he was doing when he agreed to 2m a year. Definitely could have gotten 500k more, but he knew that he was only as good as his assistants. I'm still having a hard time figuring out where the money for all of the assistants is going to come from, esp if Orgeron is going to end up in a reduced capacity, but still make somewhere around 350-400k. If anyone knows what the total amt that Fulmer was given to allocate to assistants, I'd like to know.

I knew this 5 days ago, but I didn't want anyone yelling "source" at me. The source came from Chris Mortensons cell phone directly to my buddies cell phone. Him and Mort are really tight. They befriended each other at Peyton Manning camp a few years ago when he was being recruited.

I knew this 5 days ago, but I didn't want anyone yelling "source" at me. The source came from Chris Mortensons cell phone directly to my buddies cell phone. Him and Mort are really tight. They befriended each other at Peyton Manning camp a few years ago when he was being recruited.

link?

yeah, source? Give us the digits!

Another guy here at VN broke this news more than 2 weeks ago. In fact, he said Monte might even get north of $1 million/year.

Highest paid assistant right now is Norm Chow @ UCLA,his salary is 1 million/yr. That was reported at the beginning of the year when we played them

VN Store

Back