2024 NBA Season Thread aka The Zion High Deductible Healthcare Plan

Jokic wins MVP. I wanna change my vote to Shai. Not just because of the status of the 2nd rd, but thinking it thru...

Shai is a borderline all defensive player, and a top 5 weapon on offense. Probably the greatest youngest team ever and he's the guy that weathered the storm of the tanking years and came out the other side way ahead of schedule with a winner's game, mentality, and culture. They got the 1 seed in a bitch of a west. Sure, they are talented but they are so young and it's not the ideal construction around him. He doesn't even have a lob threat rim runner to spam PnR with and the other lead ballhandler can't shoot.

Reactions: zjcvols and TBrown
Jokic wins MVP. I wanna change my vote to Shai. Not just because of the status of the 2nd rd, but thinking it thru...

Shai is a borderline all defensive player, and a top 5 weapon on offense. Probably the greatest youngest team ever and he's the guy that weathered the storm of the tanking years and came out the other side way ahead of schedule with a winner's game, mentality, and culture. They got the 1 seed in a bitch of a west. Sure, they are talented but they are so young and it's not the ideal construction around him. He doesn't even have a lob threat rim runner to spam PnR with and the other lead ballhandler can't shoot.
kyle lowry*

Reactions: Rifleman

I think that this year had three strong arguments for Jokic, Luka and SGA. My “vote” would be Jokic but the other two arguments were very compelling.

Pacers had 29 complaints in game 1 and decided against filing and ended up with 49 calls they didn't like in game 2. 😄

The media and fans always make fun of teams that file these complaints because we believe the league doesn't do anything amd it's a waste of time but maybe it does get you a friendlier whistle in game 3.

Reactions: Rifleman
I think that this year had three strong arguments for Jokic, Luka and SGA. My “vote” would be Jokic but the other two arguments were very compelling.

Giannis was right there too, but for the same reason I give Shai credit for team building, Giannis takes some blame for the Bucks' demise, even tho he was a mad man on the court working to salvage it. 30 and 11 at 60% is a record, and then you add the D.

Heavy hitters at the top of this league

👆 Like I said NBA wants Knicks vs Celtics ECF. The fix is in.

It's nothing like the old days when we knew the fix was in, like when the Lakers got saved by 27 free throws in the fourth quarter Game 6 versus the Kings in 2002.

But this is just some weird petty stuff as the Knicks are going to win the series either way IMO. (Pacers D isn't good enough in the clutch.) Refs corrected a bad call at the end in the Knicks favor, for example, but when a similar phantom call happened in the previous game and they knew they were wrong . . . "Sorry, not reviewable!" That broke Rick Carlisle's mind right there 😂.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
It's nothing like the old days when we knew the fix was in, like when the Lakers got saved by 27 free throws in the fourth quarter Game 6 versus the Kings in 2002.

But this is just some weird petty stuff as the Knicks are going to win the series either way IMO. (Pacers D isn't good enough in the clutch.) Refs corrected a bad call at the end in the Knicks favor, for example, but when a similar phantom call happened in the previous game and they knew they were wrong . . . "Sorry, not reviewable!" That broke Rick Carlisle's mind right there 😂.
You're probably correct, It's just my disdain for all New York teams.🤪

Put the Knicks, Nets, Giants, Jets, Mets and Yankees in one spot and hope for that meteor to hit. Add the Rangers and Islanders to the mix as well.

VN Store

Back