2024 NFL Draft Thread

Good pick, Niners getting ready to replace Ayuk also Jennings on a 1 year contract.

Contracts for Samuels, McCaffrey and Purdy around the corner, can't keep everyone.
McCaffery will be age 28 at the beginning of his next contract. If they offer him similar guaranteed million at his current $16 mil per? His camp should jump to sign and go incommunicado before they change their mind.

Some team is going to get an absolute steal by drafting Jalen Wright at this point in the draft (8 picks into the 3rd round and counting).

Reactions: RockyTopRiot
I've been thinking since October that Jaylen Wright is the Achane of this draft and Miami drafted him.
Yeah. I was thinking about Wright this morning and was wondering if the Dolphins might be interested in him since Mostert, while incredibly productive last year, is old. Also, while Achane is amazing, he’s proving so far to be as sturdy as a crystal chandelier. Wright will be more durable than Achane.

Reactions: Plecoptera
What do you folks make of this chart? I thought it was informative and worthy of discussion

draft grades 2024.jpg

Someone gave Atlanta an A??

Reports are there were two teams trying to trade into the top 10 for Penix. I think the media was an echo chamber on where Penix would be drafted, and it seems the teams that were interested tried to keep it as quiet as possible.

I wanted Penix more than Nix, myself. I think if you take the injury concern out of the picture, Penix is a 1st rd pick. Penix was getting mid-1st rd grades and then he had the natty game failure and he dropped, but I honestly don't think he played that bad and I think his perceived fall by the media was an overreaction. I think he's the best pure passer in the draft. Other than his health, the only concern with his game is his release isn't ideal.

And of course, why use your 1st on a QB if you gave Cousins a bunch of $? Well, Cousins is old and just tore his acchiles, so you should have a backup plan. You're not going to be drafting this high again if things do work with Cousins, and you're probably not winning an SB in the Cousins era even if you get Dallas Turner here, so this is just a long-term plan pick. Cousins is only a $12.5M cap hit to cut in 2 years.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back