2024 Target List

Maybe Barnes really likes Mashack / Gainey / Carr as our #2 if Lanier doesn’t work out? Not like we don’t have any options at the 2 without getting a portal addition.
Pretty sure Hammond is a HS prospect and not a portal player (and more of a 1 than a 2).

Other than scholarship limit I’m not sure why his recruitment would be effected by anything Lanier does.

Maybe Barnes really likes Mashack / Gainey / Carr as our #2 if Lanier doesn’t work out? Not like we don’t have any options at the 2 without getting a portal addition.
Hope not. If we miss out on Chaz. I’d be contacting Kadary or Watkins to play the 3

ZZ / Shack / Watkins or Kadary / Igor / Okpara

Still curious why we did a 180 over the weekend with him.
I think the staff was split on it and ultimately thought Boswell could give them as much if not more this year if needed and that they could get someone better next year. Don’t think it necessarily means they won’t consider PG still, but opted to pass on Hammond. I’ll reserve final judgment to see how the roster finalizes.

I think the staff was split on it and ultimately thought Boswell could give them as much if not more this year if needed and that they could get someone better next year. Don’t think it necessarily means they won’t consider PG still, but opted to pass on Hammond. I’ll reserve final judgment to see how the roster finalizes.
Yeah if Boswell works out as a solid true point guard option - we are after some good shooting guards in the next year's class with guys like Darius Adams, Amari Evans, JR Leonard... And we have been recruiting those three guys for a while and according to on3 all 3 of those SG's likes Tennessee. Having a 6'4" PG could be a big blessing if he can run it in the college game - we know he has the defense. We would be tall

Maybe it's just being rescheduled? Perhaps Lanier wants to get things worked out sooner rather than later and he wants to come on in for a visit? One thing puzzles me in Lanier's recruitment. I keep reading all our eggs are in his basket. Maybe I'm just old school, but that's not an ideal position to be in when negotiating money. Lanier kinda has us by the short hairs in this "negotiation". Where do we turn if he asks for an obscene amount of money? Do we bite the bullet and pay his asking price or do we move on? To whom would we turn?
All seem like valid questions. Forgive my ignorance, but do we have a recruiting coordinator or is recruiting handled by respective position coaches? Also, if Lanier is as good as advertised and worth the wait, who on staff is tasked with closing the deal?

VN Store

Back