2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut would tell me not all of the guards we have talked to recently are committing. We currently sit at nine guards. Adding whitehorn and kapinus, that's eleven guards. At the two others we are hosting allegedly, we are up 13 guards (you could have a couple play forward). I know CKC runs a guard heavy offense so she may he looking for that many. Someone is likely going to be left without playing time. She doesn't go 15 deep.
Players that are not a guard Spearman. Latham, Hollingshead, Puckett and Whitehorn is basically a three and Tess usually doesn't play the guard position. So Strickland, Wells, Wynn, Spear, Boyd and Cooper. If we get Kapinus she is a guard also. 7 guards and one or two that could play there but usually don't.

Reactions: VolFuture
No way we should count Whitehorn or Kapinus at this point until they commit. Having guards coming in for visits just doesn't look right to me. Until those two are committed to the team won't try to make sense of what were doing calling in more visits. Mostly of players I am not that fond of seeing join the team.

No way we should count Whitehorn or Kapinus at this point until they commit. Having guards coming in for visits just doesn't look right to me. Until those two are committed to the team won't try to make sense of what were doing calling in more visits. Mostly of players I am not that fond of seeing join the team.

Yeah I think one of those two is committed but suspect we could be surprised by which one.

Would definitely have Spencer come if there is mutual interest. I could come or go on the young lady from Charlotte. I think she’d do best to stay at Charlotte and give Coach Reed a good start to her career there.

Liatu King can play multiple positions and I would call her a forward not a guard. I’m still dubious on that one due to no outside shot at all, but her rebounding and scoring are great from a P5 school.

I could see the staff moving one of the current players to a preferred walk-on if we had a shot at another recruit and needed to open a roster spot.

Right now it’s about building for the future so I could def see having T. Darby or Strickland move to a walk-on if we can get them an academic schoolly instead.

Players that are not a guard Spearman. Latham, Hollingshead, Puckett and Whitehorn is basically a three and Tess usually doesn't play the guard position. So Strickland, Wells, Wynn, Spear, Boyd and Cooper. If we get Kapinus she is a guard also. 7 guards and one or two that could play there but usually don't.
This is exactly how I see it too.

Yeah I think one of those two is committed but suspect we could be surprised by which one.

Would definitely have Spencer come if there is mutual interest. I could come or go on the young lady from Charlotte. I think she’d do best to stay at Charlotte and give Coach Reed a good start to her career there.

Liatu King can play multiple positions and I would call her a forward not a guard. I’m still dubious on that one due to no outside shot at all, but her rebounding and scoring are great from a P5 school.

I could see the staff moving one of the current players to a preferred walk-on if we had a shot at another recruit and needed to open a roster spot.

Right now it’s about building for the future so I could def see having T. Darby or Strickland move to a walk-on if we can get them an academic schoolly instead.
Unhinged take….

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back