Austin Pope sounds like an old-school fullback

kamoshika

When Tennessee’s Austin Pope was a high school senior at Christian Academy of Knoxville, he dislocated his finger while warming up for a scrimmage against Karns. “He dislocated a finger and actually tried to not say anything, and I made him get over there with our team doctor,” said Rusty Bradley, who was Pope’s coach at CAK. “He was like, ‘Hurry up. Pop it back in. Pop it back in. Pop it back in.’ And then as soon as they popped it back in, he went back in before they could even put tape on it to make sure it was taped to the next finger.”

...CAK had a short-yardage package in which it put Pope at quarterback. “We would just snap the ball to Austin, and he would run power,” Bradley said. Pope rushed for five touchdowns his senior season. “He’s one of those rare kids that actually embraces the contact,” Bradley said. “He loves the contact and craves the contact. That’s just something that’s rare now. His physicality is off the charts.”

..."I try to pride myself on being the toughest one out there,” Pope said before a recent practice. “I try to be a leader out there like everyone else. I want guys to look for me in the fourth quarter and know that I am there.”
How Austin Pope's toughness and courage make him a good fit to be UT Vols fullback

When Tennessee’s Austin Pope was a high school senior at Christian Academy of Knoxville, he dislocated his finger while warming up for a scrimmage against Karns. “He dislocated a finger and actually tried to not say anything, and I made him get over there with our team doctor,” said Rusty Bradley, who was Pope’s coach at CAK. “He was like, ‘Hurry up. Pop it back in. Pop it back in. Pop it back in.’ And then as soon as they popped it back in, he went back in before they could even put tape on it to make sure it was taped to the next finger.”

...CAK had a short-yardage package in which it put Pope at quarterback. “We would just snap the ball to Austin, and he would run power,” Bradley said. Pope rushed for five touchdowns his senior season. “He’s one of those rare kids that actually embraces the contact,” Bradley said. “He loves the contact and craves the contact. That’s just something that’s rare now. His physicality is off the charts.”

..."I try to pride myself on being the toughest one out there,” Pope said before a recent practice. “I try to be a leader out there like everyone else. I want guys to look for me in the fourth quarter and know that I am there.”
How Austin Pope's toughness and courage make him a good fit to be UT Vols fullback

In the Spring game he made a great block on Sapp (1 of our top 3 inside LBs) that sprang our RB for a long gain...made me smile ear to ear.

This makes my heart happy.

" he is one of those rare kids that actually embraces the contact " ahhh I crack open a bottle of happy and start soaking it up!

Reactions: tbh and VetVol

Getting rid of butt Jones offense is a God send, actually having blockers and a FB will be real football again
Go Vols

I'm just glad that UT is going to have a fullback again....

Getting rid of butt Jones offence

1534253650055.gif

Getting rid of butt Jones offense is a God send, actually having blockers and a FB will be real football again
Go Vols

I'm just glad that UT is going to have a fullback again....

View attachment 163099
Go Vols

View attachment 163099

1534253946701.gif

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It

VN Store

Back