Best ( most interesting) week 1or 2 match-ups

CrossvegasVol

Not just games, but best match ups between coaches, QB's, units etc.

Aside from everything about our game, Im really interested to see if LSU's defense is good enough to keep them in the game or if Miami's offense is gonna be good enough to challenge Clemson in the ACC. Could be a very telling game IMO.

That's why college football is so awesome, don't have to wait for season defying matchups.

Washington/Auburn in Week 1 should be a really interesting game. This is the 3rd game in a row Auburn is playing at Mercedes Benz Stadium and they are entering this season with some higher expectations, which they typically don't meet. It seems like Auburn always has their best seasons when expectations are low or mild. However, Gus basically requires great QB play in order to have a great season, and they should have that this year. Michigan/Notre Dame...lots of name recognition. Louisville/Alabama might be somewhat interesting if Louisville still had Lamar Jackson. I expect Alabama to absolutely throttle them.

Week 2: Georgia/South Carolina. I think this is a spot where Georgia could slip up if they aren't ready to play. I'm at least a partial believer in the hype about South Carolina this year (think they could be a pretty good team) and the game is in Columbia. Clemson/Texas A&M in College Station is a great matchup. USC/Stanford is a big game early in the season.

Week 1:
Tennessee vs West Virginia (3:30et CBS)
Auburn vs Washington (3:30et ABC)
Michigan vs Notre Dame (7:30et NBC)
Alabama vs Louisville (8et ABC)
BYU vs Arizona (10:45et ESPN)
LSU vs Miami (Sunday 7:30et, ABC)
Virginia Tech vs FSU (Monday 8et, ESPN)

Week 2:
Georgia vs South Carolina (3:30et CBS)
Clemson vs Texas A&M (7et ESPN)
Mississippi State vs Kansas State (12et ESPN)
UCLA vs Oklahoma (1et FOX)
Colorado vs Nebraska (3:30et ABC)
Michigan State vs Arizona State (10:45et ESPN)
Penn State vs Pittsburgh (8et ABC)
USC vs Stanford (8:30et FOX)

Last edited:
Week 1:
Tennessee vs West Virginia
Auburn vs Washington
Michigan vs Notre Dame
Alabama vs Louisville
BYU vs Arizona
LSU vs Miami
Virginia Tech vs FSU

Week 2:
Georgia vs South Carolina
Clemson vs Texas A&M
Mississippi State vs Kansas State
UCLA vs Oklahoma
Colorado vs Nebraska (for old times sake)
Michigan State vs Arizona State
Penn State vs Pittsburgh
USC vs Stanford

Is the TV schedule/time already set for these games? If so does anyone have a TV schedule?

FAU vs Oklahoma
WV vs TENNESSEE
Auburn vs Washington
Michigan vs Notre Dame
BYU vs Arizona
Miami vs LSU
VT vs FSU
Northwestern vs Purdue

Should be an interesting game. Problem for the puppies is that it's basically a "home" game for auburn. I think Auburn is a 2.5 point favorite

I think UCLA gets crushed by the sooners. Sure Kelly is there now, but he doesn't have a lot of talent to manage. Give him a year or two to recruit...

Should be an interesting game. Problem for the puppies is that it's basically a "home" game for auburn. I think Auburn is a 2.5 point favorite
Auburn is one of the most interesting teams to watch this year. Expectations seem fairly high. That typically bodes poorly for them, but Gus should have great QB play, which bodes really well for them (Gus basically requires great QB play in order to have a good year). The offense that he runs is highly (i.e., too much) QB-dependent, which is great when you have a good QB but it doesn't do much for your consistency season to season.

They have 3 lose-able games on their schedule (Washington, at Georgia, at Alabama). If they lose all 3, or even 2 of the 3, I imagine there will be a lot of angst down there. Losing 2 out of those 3 games seems totally in the realm of possibility, and LSU, at Miss St, and Texas A&M aren't gimmies. That's always a dangerous spot for a coach where the expectation is to be winning, or almost winning, the division yet there are multiple conference losses on that schedule.

Auburn is one of the most interesting teams to watch this year. Expectations seem fairly high. That typically bodes poorly for them, but Gus should have great QB play, which bodes really well for them (Gus basically requires great QB play in order to have a good year). The offense that he runs is highly (i.e., too much) QB-dependent, which is great when you have a good QB but it doesn't do much for your consistency season to season.

They have 3 lose-able games on their schedule (Washington, at Georgia, at Alabama). If they lose all 3, or even 2 of the 3, I imagine there will be a lot of angst down there. Losing 2 out of those 3 games seems totally in the realm of possibility, and LSU, at Miss St, and Texas A&M aren't gimmies. That's always a dangerous spot for a coach where the expectation is to be winning, or almost winning, the division yet there are multiple conference losses on that schedule.
I hate that that game is on at the same time as ours. This is one I was really wanting to watch.

A&M vs Clemson in week 2. We usually play big opponents close at home. Have ‘Bama 2 weeks later. Tough 3 week stretch.

VN Store

Back