It’s optional

secking

Good interview with Coach Bowden if you want to hear the entire interview.

“Pruitt will make the biggest impact of any of the newest coaches coming on. His resume is as good as it gets.”

He talks of Neyland as well, he says he tried to make his team look like Neyland’s. A must listen for all Vol fans. Pure class.

It's Optional: "Bobby Bowden Interview" - FOX Sports Knoxville (podcast)

Last edited:

“Pruitt will make the biggest impact of any of the newest coaches coming on. His resume is as good as it gets.”

He talks of Neyland as well, a must listen for all Vol fans.

It is nice to hear other coaches talk well of people on the U.T. coaching staff but I don't put much stock in what they say.
Does anyone remember how Saban gave a glowing review of Dooley? I think it is some kind of code among coaches that you always speak well of them, because ya never know when you may be working with that individual again or need their help in the future.

Reactions: livefaith
You're free to believe what you want to, of course, but your example is old, tired, and not relevant here. Dooley used to work for Saban and both are still coaching. Pruitt never worked for Bowden, and the now retired Bowden is not likely to return to the sidelines any time soon.

Just because one person made a comment years ago that turned out not to be true does not mean that every comment made has to be denigrated. You can, of course, but it makes for a less fulfilling life. I hope nobody ever said anything negative about you that also turned out to not be true. That philosophy means nothing else ever said by someone similar can be believed.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
It is nice to hear other coaches talk well of people on the U.T. coaching staff but I don't put much stock in what they say.
Does anyone remember how Saban gave a glowing review of Dooley? I think it is some kind of code among coaches that you always speak well of them, because ya never know when you may be working with that individual again or need their help in the future.
Big difference between being asked about a coach you compete against every year, and being asked about a coach when you are an 88 year old man.

I don't think a retired 88 year old coach is too worried about garnering future favors.

Bowden might not know what he's talking about, but I'm sure the compliment is genuine, unlike Saban.

Your second paragraph is spot on. Coaches have their own unspoken fraternity and will very rarely speak ill of each other because they 1) Know how hard the job is, and 2) May very well be coaching together one day

Also, Seperate note.

I like Trey Wallace in general. But he's gotta stop with all the gutteral noises into the mic and talk faster when he's on air.

It's like listening to Mountain Man from Duck Dynasty with the flu.

Can't do it.

I thought the references to Neyland and how UT and Neyland was basically viewed was interesting, he was basically saying UT/Neyland was viewed as Bama/Saban are today, everyone wanted to be like them.

I can listen to guys like Bowden and Majors talk about football all day long. Love the "back in the day" references to how Neyland influenced Bowden, and how he thinks Pruitt back ground and demeanor will put him on top. I think Pruitt will get better at some of the PR stuff as he goes along, but very similar to Barnes, I really like how he rationalizes the game to its simplest form.

Reactions: OneVolNation

He talks of Neyland as well, he says he tried to make his team look like Neyland’s. A must listen for all Vol fans. Pure class.

This interview is an absolute gem. Coach Bowden has a wealth of experience and is a national treasure. Even with all his success spanning a legendary career, he was so genuine when he spoke very highly of Coach Pruitt, AD Fulmer, Gen. Neyland, and Tennessee it was moving and encouraging. Coach Bowden predicted Tennessee will be the most improved team this year. Many thanks for the share.

He closed by saying, "You tell Coach Pruitt that I'm pulling for him."

Reactions: Jack Burton

Dang. Pretty much nailed it.

VN Store

Back