Mountaineers Practices

WV is one of the most beautiful states in the Country. Too bad it gets such a bad wrap. Love being in the mountains near Beckley. Great riding.

Thomas Jefferson felt the same way. Can't recall where I read his comments on this but he lauded the landscape extremely.

Last edited:
I'm a Vol alum who was born and raised and still live in West Virginia (hence my username). I've been excited about this matchup for years. It's tough seeing my state slandered by some, but I understand it's all in good fun for the sake of football. That being said, these are my two favorite teams and I will be at the game in a few weeks decked out in Tennessee orange. GO VOLS!

been there a few times in my life...I have no problem with the place at all...just the football team...:D

GO VOLS!

I'm a Vol alum who was born and raised and still live in West Virginia (hence my username). I've been excited about this matchup for years. It's tough seeing my state slandered by some, but I understand it's all in good fun for the sake of football. That being said, these are my two favorite teams and I will be at the game in a few weeks decked out in Tennessee orange. GO VOLS!

I live up here as well, (parkersburg); but grew up in E Tennessee. I am heading down with my family and several WVU friends. I'm being as open minded as possible, and hope we can pull out a W, otherwise, I'm never gonna hear the end of it from my friends!

Looking at your avatar...I'll be at Bridge Day again this year, that's always a blast. There's usually 20 or so of us that go and camp out for the weekend.

Looking at your avatar...I'll be at Bridge Day again this year, that's always a blast. There's usually 20 or so of us that go and camp out for the weekend.

I’m only an hour or so away from the bridge and go there often to hike and raft, but I’ve never been a part of bridge day. It’s definitely something I’m going to have to do. It looks like a blast.

Their practices do not seem as intense , nor do their guys look as big as ours except for a few lineman .

Of course it's hard to tell from a few minutes of practice footage.

If they ever leveled it out, it would be as big as Texas.

are you saying that if West Vag were made of Play Doh and you mushed it all down (black teeth and all) it'dbe the size of Tejas?

NE TN Mts are home. and home to some of the most beatiful mountains in the country. im good.

btw if you flattened out Erwin...itd be the size of Betsytown.

Reactions: SalVolinus
It’s not just in good fun. I was born in Parkersburg. The state had a ton of potential but as long as they keep voting the same Democrats into local offices nothing will change. NAFTA also damn near killed Parkersburg. I have fond memories of grand central mall and the pizza place across from the high school but the state needs to get it together.

You do realize West Virginia didnt exist as a state during TJ's lifetime?

Didn't say it was a state, said he lauded the landscape. Can't recall the context in which this happened but it was some passage about a trip he made to the region. And no, I didn't realize it wasn't a state during his lifetime. However, checking to see if could locate the information, I came across this: On October 25, 1783, Thomas Jefferson visited Harpers Ferry, viewing "the passage of the Patowmac though the Blue Ridge" from a rock that now bears his name. In 1785, Jefferson's description of this view was published in the Notes on the State of Virginia. Thomas Jefferson - Harpers Ferry National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Last edited:
Hopefully they will use that screen the QB's were throwing at in the game. It is slow and has bad hands.

VN Store

Back