Battle of Bristol part 2

OrngeJuiceJones

Is anyone listening to Ainge show on WNML this morning? I tuned in late, theyre talking about. Is this happening or is this them asking fans who they'd wanna play or how there experience was the first go around? I'm hearing callers say play Clemson, ND, Penn St...

Rice reported that sources at the track are saying its happening and donors that bought boxes last time are being contacted to buy them again already. So it looks like it's happening. They mentioned the next schedule opening is 2021.

Just looked at future schedules, it may be PITT. That's who I am seeing on there that would make sense.

Let’s get this thing going and by 2021 and let’s play Clemson and beat the hell out of them for stealing our 5* Tee Higgins, Hunter Johnson, and Trevor Lawrence.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneVolNation
The Battle at Bristol was a fun thing to go to once. Not sure I'd go to it again. The experience of getting into the stadium was a ****show (not sure why - they deal with crowds of that size getting into the races) and the sight lines were awful. You were so far away and so low you couldn't see anything. I expected that, but it was even worse than I expected. I found myself watching the jumbotron a lot, but it was about 5 seconds behind live action.

The Battle at Bristol was a fun thing to go to once. Not sure I'd go to it again. The experience of getting into the stadium was a ****show (not sure why - they deal with crowds of that size getting into the races) and the sight lines were awful. You were so far away and so low you couldn't see anything. I expected that, but it was even worse than I expected. I found myself watching the jumbotron a lot, but it was about 5 seconds behind live action.

Doesn’t need to be done again. Horrible venue for football and I am pissed at giving them so much money to not play any good OOC games at home.

Doesn’t need to be done again. Horrible venue for football and I am pissed at giving them so much money to not play any good OOC games at home.
That's the thing to do now because of the economics of it. They make more money off of a single neutral site game than playing one at home, one away.

We do have P5 OOC games at home in 2019, 2021, 2024, and 2027 though.

That's the thing to do now because of the economics of it. They make more money off of a single neutral site game than playing one at home, one away.

We do have P5 OOC games at home in 2019, 2021, 2024, and 2027 though.
I don't think BYU counts as a P5 game does it?

Last time food city was sorta involved with it and did a lot of promotion at their stores as they are based out of kentucky, Virginia, tennessee, and now Georgia. So im not sure if a team from outside of those states would be an option if they were a big part again.

Reactions: coffeecountyvol
So....I'm gonna say that this is a lot like an okay movie or an ex girlfriend....it was good at the time, but I don't wanna see it again. It was a neat concept, a great PR opportunity, and always cool to play someone like VT.

But....lets be real. Views at the game weren't amazing, and I'm not sure that people would flock to it like they did the last time. Last time had the pull of being the largest football game ever. Don't feel like it'd be as "new" this time. And then for us to make it seem like we won the NC and have confetti and a trophy and whatnot....I don't know. Maybe I'm the only one, I'm just not excited about the idea. To me, no where is a better location for a football game than Neyland.

I love the idea of the battle of bristol. Only issue I have with it is the game day experience was really bad from I have read.

Is anyone listening to Ainge show on WNML this morning? I tuned in late, theyre talking about. Is this happening or is this them asking fans who they'd wanna play or how there experience was the first go around? I'm hearing callers say play Clemson, ND, Penn St...
Please no. Pretty much everybody I’ve ever heard who attended the first game all say the same thing.....glad they went to be there at an “historic event”....but it was a pain in the ass and they wouldn’t go again.

Also, we should play more games in Neyland imo and let those revenues to the local (Knoxville) economy. Fulmer has said as much, so I hope he holds firm and stops with all the neutral site games. Play in Neyland.

VN Store

Back