Tennessee UConn Rivalry Renewed (UPDATED)

mtsuraider06

Lots of online chatter, including from Holly Rowe, saying that HUGE news will be coming out today, and that this hasn't happened in a long time.

Tennessee UConn series back on this year and next.

Updated: UConn will host Tennessee in January 2020, and then in Knoxville in 2021. Proceeds will benefit the Basketball HOF and Pat Summitt Foundation.

Last edited:
Lots of online chatter, including from Holly Rowe, saying that HUGE news will be coming out today, and that this hasn't happened in a long time.

Tennessee UConn series back on this year and next.

If this is accurate it will probably hurt UT. We are not on that level and getting creamed twice each year will turn recruits off to coming here when they could go there and win. Being realistic, does anyone actually think we could beat Uconn or think that Geno would not beat us by 50 if he could. At this moment in time we simply are not on the same level as they are and do not have the coaching to pull that kind of an upset.

DkkvQjDW4AM5vnJ.jpg

If this is accurate it will probably hurt UT. We are not on that level and getting creamed twice each year will turn recruits off to coming here when they could go there and win. Being realistic, does anyone actually think we could beat Uconn or think that Geno would not beat us by 50 if he could. At this moment in time we simply are not on the same level as they are and do not have the coaching to pull that kind of an upset.

I disagree. If true, I think this is good for recruiting. A TN vs UCONN rivalry is good for the game and it could attract players to TN to be the ones to "take them down".

We get blown out often enough that one more game probably won’t make a difference.

I disagree. If true, I think this is good for recruiting. A TN vs UCONN rivalry is good for the game and it could attract players to TN to be the ones to "take them down".
I agree. Not everyone can go to UConn.

UT has no trouble getting players. It’s the coaching that is holding the program back.

Maybe that will be more clear after UCONN beats the tar out of us.

Good,,, by 2020 our young guns Will be Juniors and Sophomores to start playing with the top programs ! Benefits out weighs the negatives. Our bigs will still be rookies but let’s get it on ! 😁🙏

Reactions: stllvf
the quote I have enjoyed posting is even more apt after reading the negative responses and wringing of hands from seldom heard boarders on the announcement

“There's a segment of the population that you're never going to make understand what this all entails, and how this all evolves and how it comes to pass,” Auriemma said. “The internet is the worst thing that has ever been invented for people who have ... the least amount of information and the most to say.”

great decision and beneficial to the LVs and women's basketball. And of course recruiting.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Strictly from a roster standpoint, the two teams will be pretty even in terms if personnel when 2020 gets here. Dangerfield will likely be the best player on the floor in the first game. Other than ONO, Tennessee will have a definite advantage in terms of height and inside presence.

Tennessee (current projected roster)
Kamera Harris - Senior
Rennia Davis - Junior
Anastasia Hayes - Junior
Kasi Kushkituah - Junior
Evina Westbrook - Junior
Rae Burrell - Sophomore
Mimi Collins - Sophomore
Zay Green - Sophomore
Jazmine Massengill - Sophomore
Tamari Key - Freshman
Emily Saunders - Freshman