Memphis the best football team in Tennessee?

sigh.
giphy.gif

Apples and oranges comparison. SEC v. AAC? UCF aside, CBJ could have finished top 2-3 in that conference most years. Tiger High has been at the zenith of the program the past five years under Fuente and Norvell.

Memphis was absolutely the best team in the state last year, maybe the last two, not talking about conferences but head to head. Now I think Tennessee will be the best team again by next year, they are gonna have to prove it this year though.

Memphis was absolutely the best team in the state last year, maybe the last two, not talking about conferences but head to head. Now I think Tennessee will be the best team again by next year, they are gonna have to prove it this year though.

The 2016 Tennessee with Josh Dobbs would have beaten Memphis about 75 to 30. Memphis has been worse than Tennessee on defense the past two seasons. They play in a terrible conference full of other terrible teams that don’t play defense. The only thing Memphis has improved at recently is offense, and I seriously doubt they could score consistently on upper level Power 5 defenses.

Reactions: k-town_king
That's the same thing the head coach for Bowling Green said after we played them in Nashville a couple of years ago.

Tigers baby. (And yes, as a UTK--->Memphis transfer, I claim both)

You could make the case they were the best team in 2015 (beat ranked/hyped Ole Miss)
Maybe-maybe not in 2016, after our cratering hopes
Definitely in 2017
Potentially in 2018, although they lose Ferg and Ant-Man

Let's not get it backwards. Anyone who's like "lol Tiger High AAC lolol" would feel mighty uncomfortable if tomorrow we were to switch Memphis for UTEP, ETSU, or hell, even WVU.

Tigers baby. (And yes, as a UTK--->Memphis transfer, I claim both)

You could make the case they were the best team in 2015 (beat ranked/hyped Ole Miss)
Maybe-maybe not in 2016, after our cratering hopes
Definitely in 2017
Potentially in 2018, although they lose Ferg and Ant-Man

Let's not get it backwards. Anyone who's like "lol Tiger High AAC lolol" would feel mighty uncomfortable if tomorrow we were to switch Memphis for UTEP, ETSU, or hell, even WVU.

I seriously don’t believe Memphis beats UT last season; especially, if they played before the debacle at Florida as the Vols just quit after that loss.

UT beat Georgia Tech last season and they were a much better football team than Memphis.

Memphis doesn’t play good defense and good defense is winning football.

The only time Memphis has ever beaten Tennessee was in 1996 and they did it by playing excellent defense.

Memphis has been horrible on defense the past 3 or 4 season and they aren’t expecting a good defense this season either.

If UT and Memphis played this season the Vols would win because they have better players on defense.

Memphis doesn’t have a single player on its Roster that’s good enough to start for the Vols.

VN Store

Back