Jeremy Pruitt post-practice press conference 8.15

I think you kinda have to take the o line comes with a grain of salt. Depth still an issue so moving guys around may not have as much to do with who will be where as much as it might who can play where if needed.

They'll need to know the answers to those questions before they're asked.... And hopefully they won't need to be asked.

Sorry to have to say this, but taken as a whole I can't get past the impression that he sounds like a coach who believes deep down in his heart of hearts that with a few years of hard work and cooperation he might be able to field an S.E.C. level team.
Maybe that's not all bad. I'm OK with being patient. Quality programs with "legs" don't happen overnight.
GO VOLS.!!!

Reactions: RollerVol
That’s gonna be the kryptonite for 2018 🤦🏼‍♂
The freaking OL....:rolleyes:
tenor.gif

Sounds like Butch playing guys everywhere. I know it's a good thing, but I wonder how much better it would be to let guys focus on just 1 position? Especially with a new scheme

Have no idea what to think about this team. CJP isn’t going to hype anyone up just like Saban. You really don’t know how he feels about the team

Sorry to have to say this, but taken as a whole I can't get past the impression that he sounds like a coach who believes deep down in his heart of hearts that with a few years of hard work and cooperation he might be able to field an S.E.C. level team.
Maybe that's not all bad. I'm OK with being patient. Quality programs with "legs" don't happen overnight.
GO VOLS.!!!
I can smell how torn up you are.

Reactions: CobraVol
GO VOLS.!!!
You can make it sound however it you want to sound. Opinions are subjective. Myself, I prefer the narrative that although a young team, we will be better than many expect. 7 wins is doable.

Not going to get much out of Pruitt before the season. This team was 4-8 last year, no expectations for this year and Pruitt isn't going to change that. We will just have to wait to see what kind of team this will be.

GO VOLS.!!!
I agree. We have to realize he's use to being on top dog teams with 5 star talent everywhere so he's prob not use to seeing the athleticism he's use to

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Yep. On our OL we have Trey Smith, possibly the best OL in the SEC. We got a center that spent 3 years in Alabama’s program who Pruitt trusts in Brandon Kennedy. We got an experienced Richmond, Ryan Johnson who we’ve heard good things about, ditto for both Jerome Carvin, Jahmir Johnson and Riley Locklear. Heck, we may even get a fairly healthy Chance Hall back before Florida to add talent and depth.

Compare that to what we have at DL.....which is pretty much crickets imo. Who do you feel good about returning to our DL from our 126th ranked rushing defense from last year? Taylor? Kongbo? Tuttle? Not me.

I like our LB corps with DKJr, Bituli and Sapp. I like Warrior, I like Shamberger and I’m intrigued with Taylor at CB.

But our DL? No.

Yep. On our OL we have Trey Smith, possibly the best OL in the SEC. We got a center that spent 3 years in Alabama’s program who Pruitt trusts in Brandon Kennedy. We got an experienced Richmond, Ryan Johnson who we’ve heard good things about, ditto for both Jerome Carvin, Jahmir Johnson and Riley Locklear. Heck, we may even get a fairly healthy Chance Hall back before Florida to add talent and depth.

Compare that to what we have at DL.....which is pretty much crickets imo. Who do you feel good about returning to our DL from our 126th ranked rushing defense from last year? Taylor? Kongbo? Tuttle? Not me.

I guess its just because the OL has been so bad that I just think its the most concerning. I do think Taylor and Phillips will be good. I am also a little excited about Alexis Johnson. Tuttle? I am worried about injury. Kongbo is a non factor at this point. Butler could break out this year.

I guess its just because the OL has been so bad that I just think its the most concerning. I do think Taylor and Phillips will be good. I am also a little excited about Alexis Johnson. Tuttle? I am worried about injury. Kongbo is a non factor at this point. Butler could break out this year.
As bad as the OL was last year, the DL was even worse imo, hence being 126th out of 130 teams in run defense. And the same guys (minus KMac, thank goodness) all return. So, while I am hopeful that Rocker and company can improve technique and motivation to get more out of the guys, returning most all of them from last year’s awful defensive front doesn’t inspire confidence imo.

VN Store

Back