Our new VFL Coordinator getting it done...

I'll never forget his 4th down catch against Bama in 2003 I think. I was a nervous wreck! Glad to see him back on the hill!

When something is tweeted from Vol Football, who is the source?
Pruitt? Fulmer? Marketing?

The AD's office is much bigger than most of us think. There are hundreds of people who work for Fulmer. Some of them support the football program 100% of the time, and a lot more work football along with the other sports.

So anyone in Marketing could come up with an idea like this video clip of CJ. Or anyone in the Football Operations division. Or the Media Relations folks. Or anyone, really. They would pitch the idea to one of the leadership in the AD office, and eventually have to get the approval of a few folks including probably Todd Watson (Director of Football Operations). Then turn it over to the Media Relations branch to turn the idea into an actual video, a product, and then publish it.

Bottom line is, the AD's office is a business center. With a host of intermediate leaders and coordinators we never hear about. And they're the ones who get all this stuff done. Generally without ever having to bother Pruitt or Fulmer. It's all below their noise threshold.

So the short answer is, the AD's office. If you have to put a name to it, Todd Watson is probably as close to an "owner" of that twitter account as anyone.

They do a good job.

University of Tennessee Athletics

Last edited:
The AD's office is much bigger than most of us think. There are hundreds of people who work for Fulmer. Some of them support the football program 100% of the time, and a lot more work football along with the other sports.

So anyone in Marketing could come up with an idea like this video clip of CJ. Or anyone in the Football Operations division. Or the Media Relations folks. Or anyone, really. They would pitch the idea to one of the leadership in the AD office, and eventually have to get the approval of a few folks including probably Todd Watson (Director of Football Operations). Then turn it over to the Media Relations branch to turn the idea into an actual video, a product, and then publish it.

Bottom line is, the AD's office is a business center. With a host of intermediate leaders and coordinators we never hear about. And they're the ones who get all this stuff done. Generally without ever having to bother Pruitt or Fulmer. It's all below their noise threshold.

So the short answer is, the AD's office. If you have to put a name to it, Todd Watson is probably as close to an "owner" of that twitter account as anyone.

They do a good job.

University of Tennessee Athletics

Thanks for the info. I would like to add. It's nice to know that the new AD already has relationships with all of the VFL's, unlike the last AD. It's nice to see things smooth up on the hill once again. I hope it leads to great things on the field. Go Vols!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
That was awesome.

"That T on your helmet is a national brand. It's going to open up a lot of doors for you that you can't even imagine right now."

4th and 19 pass from Casey Clausen to beat Bammer in 5OT... Man, I miss all the Mikes who tried to coach Bammer.

Just like Bummers are gonna miss all the A** Hats that UT paraded through over the last decade. Cheers to that misery for them beginning in October!

What a concept.

I bet this sells more recruits' parents than we think. Not that we are the only ones, but it's a great idea regardless.

This is Dooley's only positive legacy that he made during his time at U.T.....

Of course, he had two negative legacies also. Had a recruiting class with no offensive linemen & lost to Ky. after beating them for 25 years.............

Just like Bummers are gonna miss all the A** Hats that UT paraded through over the last decade. Cheers to that misery for them beginning in October![/QUOTE

When in public, I always approach the Alabama fans with the "A" hat on. I say " I like your hat. Go Razorbacks"
Man, you should see the look on their face. Then they say "No, this is Alabama"

The look on their face is priceless. Never gets dull

4th and 19 pass from Casey Clausen to beat Bammer in 5OT... Man, I miss all the Mikes who tried to coach Bammer

Hell, I miss Freddie Kitchens & Andrew Zow too. I also miss Ron Zook at Florida & Jim Donnan at UGA. I miss Gerri DeNardo at LSU.

VN Store

Back