Crickets on The Hill

ALLVOL 4LIFE

Long Time Listener 1st Time Caller
No! Not Jiminy! Have you guys that’s been around ever seen things this quiet, this close to the start of the season? Is it a good/bad thing? Thoughts?

I like it myself! I’m hoping we got a real nice surprise in store for the whole country to see. I think we have a chance to have a much better season than expected. All the tools are there, if we can get good play at QB, I think the rest will take care of itself.

It happens every year because the Vols are always undefeated during the preseason.
Well in the past, the media at least got to watch team drills.

As interesting as the practice reports are, there is nothing there. Outside of noticing who's injured, I don't think there is a single useful thing the Knoxville media can learn from 15 minutes of individual drills.

Reactions: jarnol32
Yeah it's a by product of keeping your cards close to your chest. We don't know what we want to know and neither does the enemy. WV is too dumb for drones. lol

Also this time last year, we already had about 10 articles on player injuries. knock on wood!

Well...HERE COMES the arrests...GEE...THANKS A LOT...allvol4life...

giphy.gif

I haven’t talked about any strengths. I know we have athletes is why I think we have a chance to be better than expected. Not claiming anything, just giving my thoughts on why it is so quiet on The Hill. Was really just wanting to know what others was thinking.

The 3 ring circus left town and we got coaches now. That’s why it’s quiet, is it a good thing or a bad thing?

No! Not Jiminy! Have you guys that’s been around ever seen things this quiet, this close to the start of the season? Is it a good/bad thing? Thoughts?

I like it myself! I’m hoping we got a real nice surprise in store for the whole country to see. I think we have a chance to have a much better season than expected. All the tools are there, if we can get good play at QB, I think the rest will take care of itself.

i think Will Mcbride will be a pleasant surprise this year

Reactions: OneVolNation
All this jabber about surprises. Y'all do realize that we play three teams whose head coaches know more about our defense than Pruitt? Not to mention that most of the rest of them have plenty of practice coaching against it. Anyone think kirby, will or nick might share a little sumpin with VU, KY and MO if it can help them in a recruiting batlle to hang an embarrassing loss on Pruitt? If we'd hired an OC for HFC I might understand the enthusiasm but as things are I'm afraid a lot of y'all are pissin into the wind.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
All this jabber about surprises. Y'all do realize that we play three teams whose head coaches know more about our defense than Pruitt? Not to mention that most of the rest of them have plenty of practice coaching against it. Anyone think kirby, will or nick might share a little sumpin with VU, KY and MO if it can help them in a recruiting batlle to hang an embarrassing loss on Pruitt? If we'd hired an OC for HFC I might understand the enthusiasm but as things are I'm afraid a lot of y'all are pissin into the wind.
Interesting perspective. There is a ton of faith being placed on Helton by the optimists. Maybe right maybe wrong.

I love it. The team working hard and building confidence without distractions.
Even a Jeff Hall sighting which had to be good for the kickers.

Reactions: FïreBall
No one has really seen anything yet. The members of this forum are rightfully enthusiastic, but really just filling in the blanks due to hopes. We have no idea if our players will be tougher or better coached to execute in games.

It’s likely they will play better since our previous staff neglected the basics like blocking and tackling. However, that may only get us to level playing ground with the rest of the SEC. We won’t be leaps ahead of Vandy, Kentucky, and South Carolina all of a sudden.

All this jabber about surprises. Y'all do realize that we play three teams whose head coaches know more about our defense than Pruitt? Not to mention that most of the rest of them have plenty of practice coaching against it. Anyone think kirby, will or nick might share a little sumpin with VU, KY and MO if it can help them in a recruiting batlle to hang an embarrassing loss on Pruitt? If we'd hired an OC for HFC I might understand the enthusiasm but as things are I'm afraid a lot of y'all are pissin into the wind.[/QUOTE

Yeah and how did knowing about Pruitts defense work out for Kirby last year!

Our last National Champship was won mainly due to Defense. Chavis had been coaching defense at UT for years. So yes, there was people that knew his defense, what was the difference?

This is Pruitt’s Shot, he is going to give it his all. I wasn’t happy with the hire and still not sure how it will turn out, but why think the worst? This is OUR team, hope for the best or better yet, why bother being a fan at all.

People saying we gonna "sneak up on some folk". Don't know that I'm gonna buy that just yet.

Yes, I do read Basilio. He has good stuff out there, but he is saying that knowledgeable observers are saying our top 3 defensive linemen would not even be in Bama's rotation. Even if that is an exaggeration, it is not good news. I am concerned we are looking at another 5-7 season. If our asst coaches are as good as advertised, we should have a stacked DL of 4 and 5 stars that are capable. Will they produce?

The last 3 HCs were offensive minded coaches. How'd that work out for us? I'm perfectly fine having a defensive minded HC and Helton at OC. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the improvement across the board this season. Don't think we'll be world beaters, but I think we'll see a lot of improvement. We actually have real football coaches now.

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver

VN Store

Back