AJ Johnson’s first NFL tackle

well, so much for the thoughts of many that his career had been lost due to the two year lay off!

looks like he'll do just fine!

if that is a position of need for your team and you can get him for the minimum salary, why not give it a try? i suspect that bFulmer talked to Manning & Manning talked to Elway and got this going

Good for him. Always happy to see former VFL's doing well. Hope he's able to make the roster or at least the practice squad and work his way to the starting rotation

if that is a position of need for your team and you can get him for the minimum salary, why not give it a try? i suspect that bFulmer talked to Manning & Manning talked to Elway and got this going

There were reportedly MULTIPLE teams that wanted A.J. It's not a situation where Denver was the only one, I don't think. People know and knew A.J. is talented. Had crap not happened, he would have been a 3-4 round draft pick I think. Really expect him to do well. Looked in good shape.

There were reportedly MULTIPLE teams that wanted A.J. It's not a situation where Denver was the only one, I don't think. People know and knew A.J. is talented. Had crap not happened, he would have been a 3-4 round draft pick I think. Really expect him to do well. Looked in good shape.
I was surprised Elway gave him a signing bonus. A.J. must be on cloud 9 right now.

Best way to make the roster at this point is to show out on special teams,then slowly but surely work his way into the starting line up.They could try to stash him,but with his talent sumone could scoop him up.Outside the bs court stuff,he was a decent player coming out.Then again he could pass thru waivers and no one get him,really a crapshoot.I do think with a full off season he has potential to start eventually.

Reactions: salsahound
A sight I had written off as never going to happen. Congrats to AJ and good luck on finding your place young man. One of the most entertaining (as well as productive) Vols in a long time.
As fossil mentioned above too bad he didn't bring out the machine gun. That and the swinging leg kick were so awesome on a big stop. Always wondered when the snowflakes on campus were going to protest the machine gun. Their tears would have made it even better.

Oh, and #62. That's legacy stuff right there. Reminds me of those gritty LB #s from the 60s & 70s

Best way to make the roster at this point is to show out on special teams,then slowly but surely work his way into the starting line up.They could try to stash him,but with his talent sumone could scoop him up.Outside the bs court stuff,he was a decent player coming out.Then again he could pass thru waivers and no one get him,really a crapshoot.I do think with a full off season he has potential to start eventually.

He's going to have a yery long career.
Pure football player.

One thing about AJ.... NEVER gets injured.
He was a 4-year starter..... Never missed a game due to injury.

VN Store

Back