'21 NC QB Drake Maye (UNC commit)

giphy.gif

Well he has had relatives go to UF. So I don't know if its totally done. I think they will do whats best for him.

Of course, Chadwick thought that Maye would be the answer at quarterback. He comes from a long line of athletes.

His brother, Cole, won a national baseball championship at Florida. Luke, as you probably know, won a national basketball championship at UNC. A third brother, Beau, is a promising 6-9 junior basketball player at Hough. And Drake’s parents — Aimee (West Charlotte girls’ basketball) and Mark (Independence football, basketball, baseball) — are among the best in Mecklenburg County history in their sports.
-- Charlotte Observer
Full article

Yep, he is very likely to sign with UNC with the family ties. A long time to go and Fedoras job could be in serious jeopardy by 2021 signing day.

I meant that Meyers Park and Cornelius aren't near each other lol

I don’t know why any kid who has a future in football would want to go to a basketball school. Family ties or not. Especially UNC. I hate that woosy blue.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I don’t know why any kid who has a future in football would want to go to a basketball school. Family ties or not. Especially UNC. I hate that woosy blue.

Yeah one brother went to UNC. Other went to UF. I don’t know why anyone thinks he chooses UNC just because of where a brother went.

Yeah one brother went to UNC. Other went to UF. I don’t know why anyone thinks he chooses UNC just because of where a brother went.

That assumption could be made because in addition to his brother Luke playing on the bball team, his father Mark played QB at UNC. They have the inside track on the kid unless they drop the ball a la Butch Jones, but like I said its a long ways until 2021 signing day and a lot can change.

That assumption could be made because in addition to his brother Luke playing on the bball team, his father Mark played QB at UNC. They have the inside track on the kid unless they drop the ball a la Butch Jones, but like I said its a long ways until 2021 signing day and a lot can change.
In 2019, Tennessee will have the inside track on him if they want it.

Rivals Charlotte notes from VQ...

Myers Park 2021 QB Drake Maye — The 6-4, 200-pound quarterback visited Tennessee yesterday for the scrimmage. He’s teammates with Moose Muhammad. It was his first visit and he likes Jim Chaney’s offense. He talked up his relationship with Chris Weinke. He’s taking a lot of visits right now, hoping to get a real jumpstart on his recruitment for 2021. He holds 11 offers including Alabama, Michigan, UNC, Ohio State, South Carolina and UT. He will be back at Tennessee this summer.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
He’s got a gun, but that throw at the :48 mark is very impressive.

kid has touch...looks really accurate...couple throws after the one you're talkinga bout he does a fantastic pump and go....right before that, great slant...

good looking prospect.

VN Store

Back