What's my best option for live streaming the WVU game on my phone?

VawlDave

I will be on a trip out west in Montana for the opener. Most likely will not be near any TV's. Does CBS do free live streaming? I know ESPN has the WatchESPN app but that requires a cable provider account..of which I do not have. Suggestions?

I will be on a trip out west in Montana for the opener. Most likely will not be near any TV's. Does CBS do free live streaming? I know ESPN has the WatchESPN app but that requires a cable provider account..of which I do not have. Suggestions?
CBS All Access should stream the game. They will give you a week free trial and when I went to cancel they gave me an extra month free lol

I'll try the CBS All Access also. Anyone think there will be any issues with streaming from Europe? Last time I went, it was blacked out from the Netherlands. I've heard I could use a VPN but didn't bother with it.

We’ll be in Red Lodge, Montana on the 2nd. Where are you guys going?

yeah, cbs all access is the only way you can stream this game, unless you have an internet provider like Directv now or hulu live that has local/broadcast channels included in their package.

the only caveat to that is local blackout restrictions. depending on where you are, relative to where you've set up "home" with your service provider, you could be subject some black out restrictions. but wouldn't know that until you tried it unfortunately.

You don't even have to have CBS All Access. CBS streams their college football game of the week every week for free with no account required.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Im going have to have away to stream also. I will be out of my local market so I know Directv now app is not going to work.

You don't even have to have CBS All Access. CBS streams their college football game of the week every week for free with no account required.
they used to, i don' tthink they do anymmore. could be wrong...but i feel like i tried to watch the start of one of our games last year on my ipad on cbs sports.com and it directed me to the app.

they used to, i don' tthink they do anymmore. could be wrong...but i feel like i tried to watch the start of one of our games last year on my ipad on cbs sports.com and it directed me to the app.

I've only ever watched it on a PC, not sure about tablets and phones, but watching on their website from PC worked last year.

10-4. give it a shot later in the season, if we're on cbs lol. but yeah, i used to watch on cbssports.com come a lot. we get the stupid ACC gow here on our local cbs affiliiate and that game usually runs to 4, so i've had to watch the 1st quarter of several games on the site.

If you have PSVue, you can DVR it via the app or website. That's likely what I'll be doing as I'll be hiking in Yosemite that day.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Also, if you can resist checking the score for a little bit @Freak usually posts the entire game in HD without commercials on YouTube. Since he'll probably be in the Bahamas sipping Mai Tais on Labor Day, good chance he can upload it by Saturday night of the game.

Kodi is how I watch on my tablet. Get the latest Sportsdevil addon, somebody will have the live stream if the reddit streams don't work. kodi.tv/downloads

The USTVnow addon will carry all nationally televised games on the networks. Its a free service with ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox and pretty good quality.
Also the Arrakis addon is excellent for Live TV with all the major networks, ESPN, NFL Network and FS1 in either 1080/720p. They had the SEC Network
last fall but its down now, may come back for football season. You'll find all the instructions on Youtube.

Last edited:

They did all of last season. I've not read anywhere that this is changing. In the event it does, I'd probably use bosscast, but make sure you have very good adblocking in place.

Imagine how much money they would make on cfb games if they just had a $0.99 PPV site where you could stream them. Or even just let you pay $0.99 on YouTube to stream it. You could spend $10-$12 a weekend and see most of the games you cared about.

But these television companies are still stuck in 1998 where they want you to package 88 channels you will never watch with 1 sports channel. Lol.

Im going have to have away to stream also. I will be out of my local market so I know Directv now app is not going to work.
Are you streaming on a phone? Have you tried spoofing your GPS location with an app like FakeGPS? I stream Steeler game audio from the Pittsburgh feed by spoofing a location in the local market.

Reactions: quadlee21
Are you streaming on a phone? Have you tried spoofing your GPS location with an app like FakeGPS? I stream Steeler game audio from the Pittsburgh feed by spoofing a location in the local market.

If your home router supports it, you can setup a VPN tunnel from your phone, literally back to your house, and then stream normally; quality might be impacted depending on your upload speed at home.

I have the CBS app on my phone/I-Pad and live games that are on air you can watch it on that app

I tried to watch the Alabama game a few years ago by streaming it on my iPad. It was a terrible experience and we lost. I would recommend finding a TV at a Sports Bar for a much more enjoyable experience. 😀

VN Store

Back