Vols not considered one of WVU’s toughest games this season.

It's quite amazing the short-term memory some of our fans have. Honestly, I wish I could have that same blind confidence. We are fresh off our worst season in program history, don't have an established QB, lost an NFL running back, and just went through a mess of a coaching search. You can't seriously expect the media to realistically put TN as one of the toughest games on anyones schedule this year. It's going to take some time to win both fans and the media over.

Based on being a 4-8 team that finished dead last in their conference 9 mos ago, why would we be considered in even their top 6 games?
I'm looking forward to our team proving people wrong. It's going to be fun to sit back and watch it unfold.
Don’t disagree with @Nocleats but like @eVOLve said, I’m looking forward to proving our doubters wrong. I’ll be smiling as it happens. I believe we are going to have a better team than people think. We have recruited the talent, and now I think we have someone to coach that talent.

Written by WVUNite, @Nitestare....who in the hell is that? Again, we'll see soon enough how good our team is going to be. For better or worse.

Leaving aside the Vols for a moment...

...how the heck did Iowa State and NC State pass TCU and @ Texas as the #2 and #3 toughest games on WVa's schedule? Sure, they get TCU at home, but the Horned Frogs had the #15 scoring defense in the land last season; that's a hell of a lot better than NC State, which came in at #51. And TCU has a pretty potent offense, something Iowa State does not have (#56 scoring offense last year). And as for Texas, well, Tom Herman might just get the Longhorns to wake up from their long slumber this season.

So yeah, I just don't get that as a top 3. Oklahoma their toughest test, absolutely. The writer got just about everything else wrong.

Back to the Vols. I'd put us at about the level of NC State, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma State ... somewhere in the middle of the pack of difficulty for West Virginia. Fortunately, I think the Mountaineers are going to lose somewhere around half their games this year...so we got a shot of getting their disappointment going early.

Go Vols!

There's a poll at the bottom of the article. We had 50 votes when I started voting. You have to leave the page and come back about 10 seconds later in order to vote again. I'm sticking with this until we take down Oklahoma as the toughest game on their schedule. :cool:

There's a poll at the bottom of the article. We had 50 votes when I started voting. You have to leave the page and come back about 10 seconds later in order to vote again. I'm sticking with this until we take down Oklahoma as the toughest game on their schedule. :cool:

Oh, it's a fan poll.

Suddenly makes a lot more sense. :)

I'm looking forward to our team proving people wrong. It's going to be fun to sit back and watch it unfold.
I agree. I honestly think we beat an overrated 7-6 team that doesn’t play defense. Not trying to be a pumper here, just not sure why I’m supposed to sweat a middling Big 12 team. Just don’t see it. I think we have more than enough talent, we out-physical them, control tempo and wear them out late. I can see 31-23 or something along those lines.

I personally like being the underdog; makes the win all the better. Let's face it, TN has a lot to prove before we're taken serious and that's ok coming off the year we just had. None of us know what we have this year, let's play the first game then we'll have a better idea of where we stand. GBO!!

Reactions: savannahfan
“Vols not considered one of WVU’s toughest games this season.”

giphy.gif

LOL! Them not thinking we are the toughest game on their schedule is really not that big of a deal. It is up to us to change that perception. On the field, not by multi-clicking a poll in a WVU site.

Oh no's! Guess UT should cancel the trip to Charlotte.
I'll give you several reasons.............Better coaching across the board. I am not saying they will win, I am saying they will be better coached. I am giving this team the benefit of the doubt, 1 September will be a great game, this team is hungry to right the ship.

VN Store

Back