Sec Injuries

Mccage

The last 3 year's we have been bitten several times by the injury bug. I think It was the major factor in our dismal season last year. It looks like the bug is flying over other Sec teams now,see where Ga. Lost their new RB,Al losing lb's and a few more teams having injury issues. I hate it for the kids and hoping that bug stays away from rockytop this year. I read somewhere where we lost a total of 19 starters at some point during the season last year. I think a lot of these media guys haven't considered this while predicting our demise this year. I could give a s**t about what Opie McElroy said during the spring game we going to surprise some people this year.

Nobody has had it as bad as us the last four years. Florida had a couple of bad years and Georgia had one. Neither were as bad as Tennessee had for 2016 & 2017. I don't think anyone else came close. Bama also lost 5 LBs in their opener but that was about it.

There was a point where UT/Neyland field contributed to several high profile injuries for our opponents (Chubb, Marshall, Gurley, Lattimore, etc).

Nobody has had it as bad as us the last four years. Florida had a couple of bad years and Georgia had one. Neither were as bad as Tennessee had for 2016 & 2017. I don't think anyone else came close. Bama also lost 5 LBs in their opener but that was about it.

There was a point where UT/Neyland field contributed to several high profile injuries for our opponents (Chubb, Marshall, Gurley, Lattimore, etc).

They ONLY lost 5 LBs in the opener lol. Anybody else in the country has that happen to them and their season is ruined.

The only part was they were relatively injury free the rest of the season.

Uh, what?

Bama only had one LB (a backup) who actually played all 14 games. Bama lost a starting safety heading into the playoff. They lost a starting DL halfway thru the season. Bama lost a starting guard against Clemson and then lost their All-SEC left tackle against UGA. They had to replace that tackle with a true freshman because his regular backup was already filling in for the missing guard.

Reactions: savannahfan
Out of all those injuries, the Lattimore one made me throw up in my mouth a little. Chubb's was bad too but Lattimore's leg waving in the air as he flipped over was the worst.

Uh, what?

Bama only had one LB (a backup) who actually played all 14 games. Bama lost a starting safety heading into the playoff. They lost a starting DL halfway thru the season. Bama lost a starting guard against Clemson and then lost their All-SEC left tackle against UGA. They had to replace that tackle with a true freshman because his regular backup was already filling in for the missing guard.
Still a much easier pill to swallow if your 4-deep has 4 stars all the way through.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Out of all those injuries, the Lattimore one made me throw up in my mouth a little. Chubb's was bad too but Lattimore's leg waving in the air as he flipped over was the worst.

Burton fell on Robert Edwards on 95 helping us win that game!

The last 3 year's we have been bitten several times by the injury bug. I think It was the major factor in our dismal season last year. It looks like the bug is flying over other Sec teams now,see where Ga. Lost their new RB,Al losing lb's and a few more teams having injury issues. I hate it for the kids and hoping that bug stays away from rockytop this year. I read somewhere where we lost a total of 19 starters at some point during the season last year. I think a lot of these media guys haven't considered this while predicting our demise this year. I could give a s**t about what Opie McElroy said during the spring game we going to surprise some people this year.

I'm sure Pruitt wishes he had a couple of more weeks to get Trey Smith, Darin Kirkland, Chance Hall and Juan Jennings more reps, but it is what is....... But, it is much better than the last couple years fortunately.

Reactions: savannahfan
Still a much easier pill to swallow if your 4-deep has 4 stars all the way through.
This. It's different plugin a back up in. But when your starting with 3rd string and using whatever you can to fill other spots, it's a different story

3 years in a row is not an "injury bug." That's doing something regarding practice (no light days) and lack of a proper S&C program.

Uh, what?

2016 we only had 2 defensive starters that played the whole year. I think only 4 didn't miss multiple games. we were down to 4th string LBs, and we had Picou playing MAJOR minutes against Bama. Offense wasn't much better. again going off memory we had 11 different starting offensive line combinations over the 13 games. RB we were down to third string for a game or two. WR seemed like we injured someone every game. Josh SMith probably got hurt twice that year.

so yes Bama was relatively injury free.

Lost 5 Lb's,,, that's about it?!? Over the last few seasons if we lost 5 LB's in one game,,, well I don't think things could have gotten much worse. But as much as we hate to say it, Bama still did and does pretty well.

2016 we only had 2 defensive starters that played the whole year. I think only 4 didn't miss multiple games. we were down to 4th string LBs, and we had Picou playing MAJOR minutes against Bama. Offense wasn't much better. again going off memory we had 11 different starting offensive line combinations over the 13 games. RB we were down to third string for a game or two. WR seemed like we injured someone every game. Josh SMith probably got hurt twice that year.

so yes Bama was relatively injury free.

UT lost 52 starts in 2016, Bama lost 45 last year. Both were tops in the SEC.

W

We were playing AT South Carolina in 2012 when Lattimore had the awful leg injury, so Shields-Watkins field had nothing to do with that one.

The Chubb injury in 2015 was just Chubb landing awkwardly and having his knee buckle, donā€™t think the field ā€œcausedā€ that one.

Gurley hurt his knee in 2014 in a game at Georgia vs Auburn, so our field had nothing to do with that one either.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Uh, what?

We get it dude, you worship Bama. You wear Saban pajamas. Youre not converting anyone here. So why does it seem your entire purpose is to incessantly to defend Bamaā€™s honor?

3 years in a row is not an "injury bug." That's doing something regarding practice (no light days) and lack of a proper S&C program.
I'm hopeful our new coach is well aware of how injuries affect a team. After all he was at Bama last year and Nick was giving reporters hell over the weekend about injuries. Pruitt has gotten a new medical staff in place and seems to not want to take any chances with our players health. I'm really developing a lot of respect for our new staff. It may take some time but I feel UT football is on it's way back. GBO !!!

Reactions: Mccage

I thought it was the opposite of "no light days", and everything was "no bring down" in effect for Butch. Totally agree with S&C as they had to get rid of all the machine weights and bands they were using.

Bana lost starting line backer Saban went on huge rant over and now uga lost star tail back white....very thankful our new staff seems be on point with strength and conditioning, how run a practice, and counting reps for everyone so guys are not over working and getting hurt

VN Store

Back