Votes: 144 30.2%

Votes: 190 39.8%

Votes: 70 14.7%
  • 9 or more

Votes: 22 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rifleman

What are your honest expectations for 2018? My best guess is we'll just miss a bowl. Close loss to Florida as usual, and revenge against UK, and a blowout of Vandy to go 2-6 in conference. I also think we play a good game at Auburn coming off the bye week.

Predictions___________Actual Difference (Total)

UT 21 WVU 31_______UT 14 WVU 40 -11
UT 70 ETSU 0_________UT 59 ETSU 3 -14 (-25)
UT 38 UTEP 3_________UT 24 UTEP 0 -11 (-36)

UT 21 UF 22__________UT21 UF 47 -25 (-61)
UT 6 UGA 30_________UT 12 UGA 38 -2 (-63)
UT 13 AU 17_________
UT 30 AU 24 (-53)
UT 10 BAMA 34______UT 21 BAMA 58 (-66)
UT 24 USC 28________UT 24 USC 27 (-67)

UT 45 Charl 20_______UT 14 Charl 3 (-81)
UT 30 UK 28 ________UT 24 UK 7 (-66)

UT 23 Mizz 30______UT 17 MIZZ 50 (-92)
UT 48 Vandy 3______UT 13 Vandy 38 (-136)

Florida, USC, Kentucky and Mizzou will be the nail-biter games decided by a few key plays. As I look at it more, I think the schedule really works against us, but maybe we can get one more of those and get to a bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdaddy
I think they scrape into a bowl. The games against Florida and Missouri are huge. Those are both toss-up games at home, and I think (hope?) we'll win one of them.

vs. West Virginia - L
ETSU - W
UTEP - W
Florida - W
@ Georgia - L
@ Auburn - L
Alabama - L
@ South Carolina - L
Charlotte - W
Kentucky - W
Missouri - L
@ Vanderbilt - W

I wish I could be appointed VN Special Prosecutor. I'd compare all the answers given to date in these umpteenth zillion threads and prosecute all posters who have been inconsistent in their answers.

Reactions: Rifleman
I wish I could be appointed VN Special Prosecutor. I'd compare all the answers given to date in these umpteenth zillion threads and prosecute all posters who have been inconsistent in their answers.

I don't trust college football fans who are consistent. Your job would be much easier to find and prosecute those guys. If you can find any around here. Probably not. LOL.

Reactions: Negan and VFL-82-JP
I don't trust college football fans who are consistent. Your job would be much easier to find and prosecute those guys. If you can find any around here. Probably not. LOL.

I’m innocent when it comes to this lol. I’ve been saying 8-4 since the spring game, I’m gonna stick to it. We’ve got the horses to win the first and last 4 games.

I’m innocent when it comes to this lol. I’ve been saying 8-4 since the spring game, I’m gonna stick to it. We’ve got the horses to win the first and last 4 games.

8 wins is certainly possible. If we can get the Offensive Line healthy and in sync in the running game to control the clock a little, then I think our defense could surprise some people and be a very good unit.

I guess I am having trouble believing that the OL is going to perform like we need them to against the competition we face. But I hope they prove me wrong.

UT WVU Win but barely
UT ETSU Win
UT UTEP Win
UT UF Loss
UT UGA Loss
UT AU Loss
UT BAMA Loss
UT USC Toss up
UT Charl Win
UT UK Win
UT Mizz Loss
UT Vandy Toss up

Reactions: Rifleman
8 wins is certainly possible. If we can get the Offensive Line healthy and in sync in the running game to control the clock a little, then I think our defense could surprise some people and be a very good unit.

I guess I am having trouble believing that the OL is going to perform like we need them to against the competition we face. But I hope they prove me wrong.

I can understand your concern. What’s really got me pumped about the OL is the jucos and getting Kennedy from Bama to add with what we already have. That, along with a better coaching staff and competent offensive game plan I believe puts us in much better shape to succeed. I’ve got better vibes than I ever had with Dooley and Lyle.

Remaining optimistic and projecting 8 wins. Consistent all season. All keys on the WVU game. If UT shows up a Def and running game with a dynamic game plan, we can win the WVU game. If so, we will be competitive for most of the season and will will all the games we should, plus one that wasn't. Defense will be better than expected, and really hoping that the O Line is better than advertised, which keeps us in games.

Reactions: Thall17
What are your honest expectations for 2018? My best guess is we'll just miss a bowl. Close loss to Florida as usual, and revenge against UK, and a blowout of Vandy to go 2-6 in conference. I also think we play a good game at Auburn coming off the bye week.

UT 21 WVU 31
UT 70 ETSU 0
UT 38 UTEP 3

UT 21 UF 22
UT 6 UGA 30
UT 13 AU 17
UT 10 BAMA 34
UT 24 USC 28

UT 45 Charl 20
UT 30 UK 28

UT 23 Mizz 30
UT 48 Vandy 3

Florida, USC, Kentucky and Mizzou will be the nail-biter games decided by a few key plays. As I look at it more, I think the schedule really works against us, but maybe we can get one more of those and get to a bowl.

This is about where I am, which won’t bother me as long as I see improvement over the course of the year in areas like mental toughness, grit, etc

WVU - Win
ETSU- Win
UTEP - Win
UF - Win
UGA - Loss
AUB - Loss
Bama - Loss
USCe - Loss
Charlotte- Win
UK - Win
Mizzou - Win
Vandy - Win

Vols surprise many doubters and go 8-4 this season and 4-4 in the SEC.
I’m leaning this way but I really hope we don’t drop 4 in a row...

GBO!!!

I like to use projected win percentages:
WVU - 40% chance of victory
ETSU - 100%
UTEP - 100%
Fla - 50%
@UGA - 10%
@Auburn - 15%
Bama - 10%
@USC - 40%
Charlotte - 100%
UK - 65%