Pruitt's pregame speech

I wonder how Pruitt's 1st pregame speech will be? I can only imagine with the coaches we have now it would make me want to run through walls and rip heads off.

I’m curious as well. From interviews and such Pruitt is pretty laid back so don’t think he’s really going to be a run through the wall firery pregame speech guy.

I’m curious as well. From interviews and such Pruitt is pretty laid back so don’t think he’s really going to be a run through the wall firery pregame speech guy.
I saw him coaching during a game an he was pretty intense

After the team says the Maxims it goes something like this. " Aight guys the experts are saying that you wouldn't be very good this year. They say there is not very much talent on this team. Some of the fanbase doesn't believe in you. Well I believe in you and the coaching staff believes in you. You have the opportunity to prove the experts, the fanbase and any of the other non-believers wrong. Now go out there and WTFA!!!!"

Reactions: jhcrane14
Something original, I suspect. Like, "Win one for the Cornbread!" .

Side note - Watched Saban's latest post practice presser. While not a Saban authority, he seemed unusually perturbed and stressed. He accused the press and fans of thinking that when a player gets hurt, the coaches just "**** out" a replacement! Is this normal for Saban? I came away thinking I would much rather play for Coach Pruitt than for Saban. Saban seems scarey ( and not in a good way).

Last edited:
Might want to consider letting Fitzgerald handling that task. He might not even have to ask. He might show up to find that Fitzgerald has them worked into a frenzy and they're tearing off doors trying to get to the field.

Reactions: VetVol
I see Pruitt as being very intense. That could be quietly intense at times an loud as h*** at other times.
He is the kind of coach that can reach inside your chest and start a fire in you heart. He will make it us aginst the world, and the players will respond.

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
But...will he cuss?
not in sight of anyone.....especially on film or while being recorded. The only pressure he's under is self imposed. I'd respect him a lot more if he displayed composure throughout the games. We're basically a young in-experienced team. I personaly didn't like the sight of Butch Jones on the sideline all red-faced. Thought he'd pop a blood vessel. Want to see a composed coach ? Dabo at Clemson. Prepare 'em best you can through the week and let 'em go. He's a smooth operator and getting angry may affect good decision making.

After the team says the Maxims it goes something like this. " Aight guys the experts are saying that you wouldn't be very good this year. They say there is not very much talent on this team. Some of the fanbase doesn't believe in you. Well I believe in you and the coaching staff believes in you. You have the opportunity to prove the experts, the fanbase and any of the other non-believers wrong. Now go out there and WTFA!!!!"
WGWTFA is a D.Taylor original from Battle at Bristol. Several Vols are very aware of it and play with that attitude.

Reactions: FïreBall
We’ve put in the work, we know what to do, let’s go out, do our job, give our all for Tennessee and take what belongs to us. Victory!

1st round of cornbread is on me tonight. Aight!

Reactions: jhcrane14
This cornbread crap is getting old . The better question is what will his halftime speech be like.

Listen this is Volnation we are known to run stuff in the ground. You should know this having been around here since 2011. Stop being sour and just keep moving on if you don’t want to be a part of it. Good day sir!

VN Store

Back