Staff Rank

amavol2

With so much said about head coaches, if you throw out the head coach, where would Tennessee be ranked in the SEC?

With so much said about head coaches, if you throw out the head coach, where would Tennessee be ranked in the SEC?
Tied for dead last with the other first year staffs who haven't achieved anything yet. Once the wins start accumulating we can start arguing about how good they are. Anything he might have clung onto as an assistant is out the window at this point.

Many want to take a wait and see attitude and that’s fine. However, one can look at each coaches history and the successes and failures of each staff in the SEC. I feel Sherrer and Rumph along with Friend and David Johnson are as good as anyone else.

The head coach is filling in the knowledge gaps for every position coach and the SC coach- footwork should have been learned in the summer...

if you cut off the head of a snake what would be left...:D...from what I know and their history we have a pretty good staff, just kinda untested here and this season will tell us more as it goes along...

GO VOLS!

Loaded Question, no one knows at this point in time and those that state their personal opinions are only using conjecture, in truth.
Go Vols

Our staff has lots of potential based on past experience. Several are taking a step up, so they have something to prove.
I strongly believe great teams are made one player at a time. We have coaches that have a track record of developing players. Also our coaches that are stepping up have worked beside some great coaches.
I have confidence our coaches will get the job done.
Also I don’t think Pruitt will allow a coach to fail week after week. He will step in and fix it because he wants to win.

I expect our staff to be in the top 5.

I don't think most could name the "best" staff in the SEC either if we are being honest with ourselves. Georgia? Alabama? Auburn? I couldn't name a single member of their staffs outside of the head coach.

Our staff has lots of potential based on past experience. Several are taking a step up, so they have something to prove.
I strongly believe great teams are made one player at a time. We have coaches that have a track record of developing players. Also our coaches that are stepping up have worked beside some great coaches.
I have confidence our coaches will get the job done.
Also I don’t think Pruitt will allow a coach to fail week after week. He will step in and fix it because he wants to win.

I expect our staff to be in the top 5.
This is where I think the staff is also.

VN Store

Back