Murray predicts 2-6 start

Our team is coming off a 4-8 season (winless in their conference), have a completely new coaching staff, have a HC with no head coaching experience, face an uncertain QB situation, and have a ridiculous 5-game stretch. Although I think they may win 3 of the first 8, a 2-6 record is not out of the question. Even starting 2-6 would allow the possibility of finishing 6-6. Murray definitely dislikes Pruitt, but his prediction is not that crazy.

This guy really has it out for Pruitt. Segment talking about new coaches that may struggle. Murray goes with Pruitt. Predicts a 2-6 start. Says he may not be cut out to be a head coach. "Being 'a guy' and 'the guy' are totally different things."

Thought i'd share:

Starts at the 34 sec mark

Inside College Football: Arizona & Tennessee Head Coaches
He's one that I would like to see bet his future employment on his bold predictions so that we don't ever see or hear from him again.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
When Pruitt pulls off a few upsets this year -- and he will -- I look forward to every one of these expensively-suited jackanapes stumbling over themselves to gush about how we shouldn't be surprised and Pruitt had head coaching potential all along and is yet another example of Nick Saban's ability to forge talented coaches and Tennessee has a bright future ahead and all sorts of other fanciful backtracking.

Our team is coming off a 4-8 season (winless in their conference), have a completely new coaching staff, have a HC with no head coaching experience, face an uncertain QB situation, and have a ridiculous 5-game stretch. Although I think they may win 3 of the first 8, a 2-6 record is not out of the question. Even starting 2-6 would allow the possibility of finishing 6-6. Murray definitely dislikes Pruitt, but his prediction is not that crazy.
Well, that that would make a lot of sense, but we're talking about Murray/Pollack So all irrational hate is justified.
Any otherwise sensible sentence or assembly of facts could be immediately rendered wrongheaded, sniveling, and asinine simply via delivery from the mealy mouth of Murray.

And anytime Pollack speaks he makes me wanna YouTube "David Pollack gets neck broke."

2-6 not that far off from 4-4, which is what most pie-in-the-sky fans are calling for. The difference is most likely in the outcomes of the WV and Fla. games. Maybe they will split them and everyone can go away unhappy!

Murray hates UT. His last game against us he made some classless comment about the fans after the game. I’ve really disliked the guy ever since.

This team is a giant question mark. I think most of us agree we didn’t fulfill our potential last year, and Lyle was a bad on the field coach. New coaches plus new talent may mean a huge improvement, but we’ll have to wait till 9/1 to find out. Murray’s take is we lose to WVa, UF, and USCjr. My take is we win at least 2/3 of those games. But I can’t fault anyone who thinks we lose all three.

I don’t know...maybe if I wasn’t a Vol fan I may say the same thing. It’s easy to pick us down, but if guys take a deep look at effect of injuries, poor coaching, talent on team and attitude and energy on the team now, it’s much easier to see us in the 3-3 range after six games, which would mean we won one of the wva or UF games... or, if S/C program and coaching is legit, 4-2 is in range too. Go Vols...

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
No analysis here. He's just going with the spreads. If we go out and beat WVU, then the line on the FL game will be even at worse.

Not sure why he got the red azz for UT... I have much more confidence in what is going on inside the program this year. Talent is there, coaching is there... good things happen when the two meet.
These Georgia players who , for some unknown reason, have been hired as football analysts, are trying to forget times when Tennessee has burst their bubbles by beating them when they were heavy favorates and cost them chances to advamce to the SEC championship game. They will do anything to try to downgrade our football program. The problem is, it is now too late. CJP will cause them to tuck their bulldog tails and run.

Reactions: Alto1

VN Store

Back