Back to the Future (99Gator's prediction thread)

99gator

Congressman
It seems like I’ve been writing this thread every year for a while now, but this game has reached new depths.

This game is unbelievably important for a reason I never thought was possible. And that reason is, after Saturday, both the winning and losing fan base may have to wait a month (or who knows how long) before they can see their team win again. So, whoever wins, enjoy it. Whoever loses, don’t worry, you can lose again next week. And the week after. And….you get the point.

Entering this game, it’s the same story. There is no Gator fan anywhere concerned about what Tennessee is going to put on the field on Saturday. The problem is what the Gators are going to put on the field. There isn’t a Tennessee fan anywhere concerned about what Florida is going to put on the field on Saturday. The problem is what the Vols are going to put on the field.

I am even having a difficult time finding something positive about individual units to hang my hat on. You know, the whole, yeah the team stinks but we convert 78% of our third downs when we attempt a pass to the tight end against zone coverage on 3rd and 5 or less between 2:00 and 3:00 PM EST. But, then I remembered the game starts at 7:00 PM and that thought process went out the window.

In all seriousness, I do believe in the Florida special teams. I don’t cringe when those units take the field. I do believe in home field advantage and Tennessee is at home. Other than that, I have no basis in reason or logic to forecast anything in this football game.

Fun Fact: Florida hasn’t lost to Kentucky and Tennessee in the same season since 1955. Phil Fulmer was 5 years old at the time. That’s the same year Dr. Emmett Brown discovered the flux capacitor…..which is what makes time travel possible.

And speaking of time travel, I’ll pat myself on the back and take you back to my prediction thread last season…..which couldn’t have been more accurate if my name was Ms. Cleo.

Prediction....someone's getting fired

I’ll see if lightning strikes twice. I'll need it to create the 1.21 Gigawatts necessary for Florida to complete a forward pass.

Who wins this game? Florida, of course. Why? I have no idea.

Here's hoping we can all find a time machine and head Back to the Future when we aren't subjected to this crap anymore.

Good luck Saturday

Thanks for the post, lizard. I agree UF wins. Mullen is the veteran coach here, and it's Pruitt's first rodeo in the SEC. First seasons are usually pretty ugly. UF by multiple touchdowns.

It seems like I’ve been writing this thread every year for a while now, but this game has reached new depths.

This game is unbelievably important for a reason I never thought was possible. And that reason is, after Saturday, both the winning and losing fan base may have to wait a month (or who knows how long) before they can see their team win again. So, whoever wins, enjoy it. Whoever loses, don’t worry, you can lose again next week. And the week after. And….you get the point.

Entering this game, it’s the same story. There is no Gator fan anywhere concerned about what Tennessee is going to put on the field on Saturday. The problem is what the Gators are going to put on the field. There isn’t a Tennessee fan anywhere concerned about what Florida is going to put on the field on Saturday. The problem is what the Vols are going to put on the field.

I am even having a difficult time finding something positive about individual units to hang my hat on. You know, the whole, yeah the team stinks but we convert 78% of our third downs when we attempt a pass to the tight end against zone coverage on 3rd and 5 or less between 2:00 and 3:00 PM EST. But, then I remembered the game starts at 7:00 PM and that thought process went out the window.

In all seriousness, I do believe in the Florida special teams. I don’t cringe when those units take the field. I do believe in home field advantage and Tennessee is at home. Other than that, I have no basis in reason or logic to forecast anything in this football game.

Fun Fact: Florida hasn’t lost to Kentucky and Tennessee in the same season since 1955. Phil Fulmer was 5 years old at the time. That’s the same year Dr. Emmett Brown discovered the flux capacitor…..which is what makes time travel possible.

And speaking of time travel, I’ll pat myself on the back and take you back to my prediction thread last season…..which couldn’t have been more accurate if my name was Ms. Cleo.

I’ll see if lightning strikes twice. I'll need it to create the 1.21 Gigawatts necessary for Florida to complete a forward pass.

Here's hoping we can all find a time machine and head Back to the Future when we aren't subjected to this crap anymore.

Good luck Saturday
Hey 99 gator! You ready for one last wild ride, folks? Check this out...

Hard to argue with any of that from the orange side either.

Its the same song, just a different year as of late. Neither side is confident in anything other than their team has more problems than the other.

I think it's a very competitive and ugly football game.

Good luck Saturday

Hope you don’t take this wrong way, I wish the Gator’s no luck going into this weekend.

In all seriousness, I do believe in the Florida special teams. I don’t cringe when those units take the field.

Two hard to even believe stats with regard to UF’s special teams. 1) Seems impossible, but they already have almost 3 times more punt return yards this year (177) than ALL of last year (66). 2) UF has already blocked as many kicks after just 3 games of the Mullen era than they didn’t for all of McElwain’s entire 3 years.

The special teams improvement speaks to a few things; the McElwain staff really wasn’t even trying on special teams and Mullen has improved the special teams units dramatically.

VN Store

Back