For the vol faithful

Justavisitinggator

So i decided for no reason in particular to give a small preview of Florida's roster for those who are interested or those who havent seen the gators play this season.

QB- I think Franks has taken a huge step this season. He actually looks like he knows what a read is, which cant be said about any point last year. That said he is slow when making those reads and typically has trouble working back to his left.

RB- Scarlett has looked not so great. He's hesitant and not seeing cutback lanes. Too many dropped passes to go along with his issues running.

Perine has looked the most consistent in all aspects amung all of our backs. I expect him to get the bulk of the touches as the season develops.

Im 99.99% sure Malik Davis is done for the year with a broken foot.

This leaves potential touches for freshman Damien Pierce who looks really good so far in garbage time. The consensus seems to be that hes not ready to pass protect or run routes.

WR-Van Jefferson seems to be the real deal. Deep threat and can make the tough grabs.

Tyrie Cleaveland has been mostly quiet this season. Seems to be who Franks leans on in 3rd down situations.

Trevon Grimes seems to still be a year off from being a true playmaker but he has shown flashes of what could be.

Kadarious Toney hasnt had a lot of touches and i believe theyre continuing to install wrinkles and packages as the season progresses.

Freddie Swain and Josh Hammond have played fantastic on special teams but seem to just be okay on offense.

TE- if you could combine all of our tight ends they would be a ln all-american caliber player. But honestly they all kind of range from bad to ok at best on their own. Really nothing notable from the position so far

OL- oh boy. I feel solid about LG, C, and RT. Ivey at LT is absurdly inconsistent for a former 5* prospect and RG Johnson should have never have made an SEC roster. As a unit theyve struggled in blitz pickup and getting to the second level in run block

DL- Polite and Jefferson are the real deal. Zuniga dissapears against equal or better opposition. Everyone else is either learning or just flat out not great.

LB- David Reese being back is the key here. Without him Jackson will be getting way more snaps than im really comfortable with. Moon is an incredible athlete but seems to still be learning the position. Joseph needs to show he is more than the highlight big hits. Johnson is ok enough to round out the position group, but hed be depth on most top 25 rosters.

DB- Gardner cant tackle but covers extremely well. Henderson seems to have some trouble with bigger recievers and I expect Dean to be picked on this saturday. Freshman DB making his first road SEC start. Taylor, Stewart and Stiner will see most of the snaps at safety. Theyre fine. They wont win or lose games for us. Davis will be a stud eventually bit hes not ready. Marco Wilson going down is a huge loss. Dean and Davis are going to have to grow up very quickly or we will get picked apart by good QBs

Thats pretty much it. Oh kicker looks good, punter isnt as good as his older brother.

So i decided for no reason in particular to give a small preview of Florida's roster for those who are interested or those who havent seen the gators play this season.

QB- I think Franks has taken a huge step this season. He actually looks like he knows what a read is, which cant be said about any point last year. That said he is slow when making those reads and typically has trouble working back to his left.

RB- Scarlett has looked not so great. He's hesitant and not seeing cutback lanes. Too many dropped passes to go along with his issues running.

Perine has looked the most consistent in all aspects amung all of our backs. I expect him to get the bulk of the touches as the season develops.

Im 99.99% sure Malik Davis is done for the year with a broken foot.

This leaves potential touches for freshman Damien Pierce who looks really good so far in garbage time. The consensus seems to be that hes not ready to pass protect or run routes.

WR-Van Jefferson seems to be the real deal. Deep threat and can make the tough grabs.

Tyrie Cleaveland has been mostly quiet this season. Seems to be who Franks leans on in 3rd down situations.

Trevon Grimes seems to still be a year off from being a true playmaker but he has shown flashes of what could be.

Kadarious Toney hasnt had a lot of touches and i believe theyre continuing to install wrinkles and packages as the season progresses.

Freddie Swain and Josh Hammond have played fantastic on special teams but seem to just be okay on offense.

TE- if you could combine all of our tight ends they would be a ln all-american caliber player. But honestly they all kind of range from bad to ok at best on their own. Really nothing notable from the position so far

OL- oh boy. I feel solid about LG, C, and RT. Ivey at LT is absurdly inconsistent for a former 5* prospect and RG Johnson should have never have made an SEC roster. As a unit theyve struggled in blitz pickup and getting to the second level in run block

DL- Polite and Jefferson are the real deal. Zuniga dissapears against equal or better opposition. Everyone else is either learning or just flat out not great.

LB- David Reese being back is the key here. Without him Jackson will be getting way more snaps than im really comfortable with. Moon is an incredible athlete but seems to still be learning the position. Joseph needs to show he is more than the highlight big hits. Johnson is ok enough to round out the position group, but hed be depth on most top 25 rosters.

DB- Gardner cant tackle but covers extremely well. Henderson seems to have some trouble with bigger recievers and I expect Dean to be picked on this saturday. Freshman DB making his first road SEC start. Taylor, Stewart and Stiner will see most of the snaps at safety. Theyre fine. They wont win or lose games for us. Davis will be a stud eventually bit hes not ready. Marco Wilson going down is a huge loss. Dean and Davis are going to have to grow up very quickly or we will get picked apart by good QBs

Thats pretty much it. Oh kicker looks good, punter isnt as good as his older brother.

Thanks for the update. I'm shocked that Scarlett isn't dominating like he was 2 years ago before the suspension.

Hugely important game for both teams. More so for Tennessee as our schedule and road to a bowl game is tougher. I think Tennessee will find a way but it will be a typical game decided by one or two late plays/calls.

Reactions: Justavisitinggator
You make your team sound so eerily similar to our team. I could almost just replace the names of the players you listed with our players and it would all be fairly accurate.

FYP!

QB- I think Guarantano has taken a huge step this season. He actually looks like he knows what a read is, which cant be said about any point last year.

RB- Tim Jordon has looked promising but at times not so great. He's hesitant and not seeing cutback lanes. He does force missed tackles about as good as anyone in the nation.

Ty Chandler has looked the most consistent in all aspects amongst all of our backs. I expect him to get the bulk of the touches as the season develops.

This leaves potential touches for freshman Jeremy Banks who looks really good so far in garbage time. The consensus seems to be that he fumbles too much and is irresponsible with his tweets!

WR-Calloway seems to be the real deal. Deep threat and can make the tough grabs.

Juaun Jennings has been mostly quiet this season. Palmer seems to be who Guarantano leans on in 3rd down situations.

Jordan Murphy seems to still be a year off from being a true playmaker but he has shown flashes of what could be.

Brandon Johnson hasn't had a lot of touches and i believe they're continuing to install wrinkles and packages as the season progresses.

TE- if you could combine all of our tight ends they would be a ln all-American caliber player. But honestly they all kind of range from good to ok at best on their own. Dominic Wood Anderson and Eli Wolf lead the pack but not enough targets primarily to OL blocking needs

OL- oh boy. I feel solid about LT, and RG. Richmond at RT is absurdly inconsistent for a former 5* prospect and C Ryan Johnson should have never have made an SEC roster. As a unit they've struggled in blitz pickup and getting to the second level in run block

DL- DEs disappear against equal or better opposition. Everyone else is either learning or just flat out not great.

LB- Daniel Bituli is the real deal. Darrin Kirkland Jr being back is the key here. Without him Ignont would be getting way more snaps than I'm really comfortable with. Sapp is an incredible athlete but seems to still be learning the position. OLBs Kongbo and Taylor need to show more than one tackle and one QB hurry per game. Deondre Johnson is an up and coming OLB who will contend for more playing time as the season progresses.

DB- True Freshman Thompson can't tackle but covers extremely well. Buchanan seems to have some trouble with bigger receivers and I expect Flowers to be picked on this Saturday. Freshman DB Taylor, Thompson and Flowers are making their first SEC starts. Abernathy, Warrior and Jackson will see most of the snaps at safety. They're fine. They won't win or lose games for us. Shamburger will be a stud eventually but he's not ready. True Freshman Taylor, Thompson and Flowers are going to have to grow up very quickly or we will get picked apart by good QBs

That's pretty much it. Oh kicker looks good, punter is good but not as good as All-Pro Trevor Daniel.

Last edited:
FYP!

QB- I think Guarantano has taken a huge step this season. He actually looks like he knows what a read is, which cant be said about any point last year.

RB- Tim Jordon has looked promising but at times not so great. He's hesitant and not seeing cutback lanes. He does force missed tackles about as good as anyone in the nation.

Ty Chandler has looked the most consistent in all aspects amongst all of our backs. I expect him to get the bulk of the touches as the season develops.

This leaves potential touches for freshman Jeremy Banks who looks really good so far in garbage time. The consensus seems to be that he fumbles too much and is irresponsible with his tweets!

WR-Calloway seems to be the real deal. Deep threat and can make the tough grabs.

Juaun Jennings has been mostly quiet this season. Palmer seems to be who Guarantano leans on in 3rd down situations.

Jordan Murphy seems to still be a year off from being a true playmaker but he has shown flashes of what could be.

Brandon Johnson hasn't had a lot of touches and i believe they're continuing to install wrinkles and packages as the season progresses.

TE- if you could combine all of our tight ends they would be a ln all-American caliber player. But honestly they all kind of range from good to ok at best on their own. Dominic Wood Anderson and Eli Wolf lead the pack but not enough targets primarily to OL blocking needs

OL- oh boy. I feel solid about LT, and RG. Richmond at RT is absurdly inconsistent for a former 5* prospect and C Ryan Johnson should have never have made an SEC roster. As a unit they've struggled in blitz pickup and getting to the second level in run block

DL- DEs disappear against equal or better opposition. Everyone else is either learning or just flat out not great.

LB- Daniel Bituli is the real deal. Darrin Kirkland Jr being back is the key here. Without him Ignont would be getting way more snaps than I'm really comfortable with. Sapp is an incredible athlete but seems to still be learning the position. OLBs Kongbo and Taylor need to show more than one tackle and one QB hurry per game. Deondre Johnson is an up and coming OLB who will contend for more playing time as the season progresses.

DB- True Freshman Thompson can't tackle but covers extremely well. Buchanan seems to have some trouble with bigger receivers and I expect Flowers to be picked on this Saturday. Freshman DB Taylor making his first SEC start. Abernathy, Warrior and Jackson will see most of the snaps at safety. They're fine. They won't win or lose games for us. Shamburger will be a stud eventually bit he's not ready. True Freshman Taylor, Thompson and Flowers are going to have to grow up very quickly or we will get picked apart by good QBs

That's pretty much it. Oh kicker looks good, punter isn't is good but not as good as All-Pro Trevor Daniel.

Man that is uncanny

Thanks for the update. I'm shocked that Scarlett isn't dominating like he was 2 years ago before the suspension.

Hugely important game for both teams. More so for Tennessee as our schedule and road to a bowl game is tougher. I think Tennessee will find a way but it will be a typical game decided by one or two late plays/calls.

Scarlett was never dominating. He’s the straight up definition of “mediocre running back”

FYP!

DB- True Freshman Thompson can't tackle but covers extremely well. Buchanan seems to have some trouble with bigger receivers and I expect Flowers to be picked on this Saturday. Freshman DB Taylor, Thompson and Flowers are making their first SEC starts. Abernathy, Warrior and Jackson will see most of the snaps at safety. They're fine. They won't win or lose games for us. Shamburger will be a stud eventually but he's not ready. True Freshman Taylor, Thompson and Flowers are going to have to grow up very quickly or we will get picked apart by good QBs

That's pretty much it. Oh kicker looks good, punter is good but not as good as All-Pro Trevor Daniel.
Crazy ain't it

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
FYP!

Dang! Nice switch up

FYP!

Eerie......de ja vue?

What's sad, for both Gators and Vols, is that both have taken what should have been a 2-3 year turnaround and made it a 10 year turnaround. We've both hired incompetent coaches since losing Fulmer and Meyer, and now, we've allowed Georgia to hire a generational coach in Kirby. Georgia has always been a sleeping giant with their instate recruiting. I think Florida and Tennessee both have good coaches now in Mullen and Pruitt respectfully, but now the jobs are exponentially more difficult to catch Georgia and Alabama. I've always wondered what it was like for teams like Vandy playing MTSU back in the day, when the national media didn't even acknowledge they were playing. It's becoming more clear with each passing season. Here's to the time when Florida and Tennessee actually mattered. It does matter to us, a lot, but to most other people it doesn't matter in the least!

What's sad, for both Gators and Vols, is that both have taken what should have been a 2-3 year turnaround and made it a 10 year turnaround. We've both hired incompetent coaches since losing Fulmer and Meyer, and now, we've allowed Georgia to hire a generational coach in Kirby. Georgia has always been a sleeping giant with their instate recruiting. I think Florida and Tennessee both have good coaches now in Mullen and Pruitt respectfully, but now the jobs are exponentially more difficult to catch Georgia and Alabama. I've always wondered what it was like for teams like Vandy playing MTSU back in the day, when the national media didn't even acknowledge they were playing. It's becoming more clear with each passing season. Here's to the time when Florida and Tennessee actually mattered. It does matter to us, a lot, but to most other people it doesn't matter in the least!
You say "we allowed" Ga. to hire Kirby. BS! we had nothing to do with it.

VN Store

Back