I see this game going only 2 different ways

UTK

1. We blow UF out

2. UF wins a close game

Let me explain. I believe if we want to win, we have to jump up early and rattle the Gators. Basically we need to do what we’ve struggled with all season....Start fast. I truly believe if the Vols are up up multiple scores by halftime, the Gators are done. They don’t have the makeup of a team to be able to come back in that type of game. Luckily, I do think the Vols have some stuff up their sleve in order to jump up early and never look back.

However if we fail to execute the plan, I don’t see UF straight up blowing us out as a possibility. They’re just not good enough to come into an opposing stadium and do that. But. If it remains close into the 4th, I hate our chances. I don’t think our team will have the confidence to make the plays down the stretch unfortunately and UF will squeeze it out. Everytime this game has been down to the wire as of late, UT has always failed to get it done.

Thoughts?

Reactions: nesbuddha66
I think it’s a close game no matter what.

Whoever gets a lead will play not to screw it up and won’t pull away.

Whoever is behind won’t go crazy and get out of character because they know the other team won’t be able to put the hammer down.

The only way, IMO, this gets ugly is one team decides to hand the game over.

Both teams are capable of that.

But, I seriously doubt Florida or Tennessee even have the mindset of pouring it on. They’ll be so damn glad to be ahead they won’t know what to do.

Whoever is behind won’t go crazy and get out of character because they know the other team won’t be able to put the hammer down.

But, I seriously doubt Florida or Tennessee even have the mindset of pouring it on. They’ll be so damn glad to be ahead they won’t know what to do.

UT just doesn’t have what it takes to pull out a close W yet. So my only hope is it’s been 21-0 in a blink of an eye in favor of UT. Then again UF jumped up 21-0 in 2016 and we saw how that went. But UT certainly doesn’t have the tools to come back like they did in 2016.

If it’s close, I will just be waiting for that back breaking play. But seriously UF is due an absolute beat down at some point in this series.

Just don’t see how UF blowing us out is likely nor how having the confidence to win in a close one is likely.

I just have zero faith that we can dominate a UF team. By us wining a close one,I mean UF makig a late mistake and we are able to capitalize. Maybe a fumble or INT. Then we kick a winning FG or something.

I can see UF getting a good rythym to their passing game easily. We don't get enough pressure up front and our DB's lack experience. Seems like a lot of Vol fans are hyped and have forgotten how young we actually are. One thing for sure fans need to be loud.......could be worth a few points.

I think this game comes down to turnovers. We had two against UTEP and that is honestly my only concern about this game. Franks is known for his share too so we got that going for us. Both teams having glaring issues and whoever minimizes mistakes should have the upper hand.

Reactions: Weezer
Perhaps the windy remnants of Florence will spawn a tornado that will blow us both out.
There's a third alternative for ya.

Sad how these 2 programs have fallen. Its almost like one of these games where the players tell each other , you win no you win

1. We blow UF out

2. UF wins a close game

Let me explain. I believe if we want to win, we have to jump up early and rattle the Gators. Basically we need to do what we’ve struggled with all season....Start fast. I truly believe if the Vols are up up multiple scores by halftime, the Gators are done. They don’t have the makeup of a team to be able to come back in that type of game. Luckily, I do think the Vols have some stuff up their sleve in order to jump up early and never look back.

However if we fail to execute the plan, I don’t see UF straight up blowing us out as a possibility. They’re just not good enough to come into an opposing stadium and do that. But. If it remains close into the 4th, I hate our chances. I don’t think our team will have the confidence to make the plays down the stretch unfortunately and UF will squeeze it out. Everytime this game has been down to the wire as of late, UT has always failed to get it done.

Thoughts?
Right, there are only two ways this goes. Either we win or they win /thread

Reactions: savannahfan
Well I think you know how football works lol.

In all seriousness, I agree. If it's a close game and JG has to drive down to win it. I would be worried because he hasn't been in that situation before and our O-line is awful sometimes.

All we can do is wait and see. Like the OP said, this is the best D we've faced.

Reactions: savannahfan
Well I think you know how football works lol.

In all seriousness, I agree. If it's a close game and JG has to drive down to win it. I would be worried because he hasn't been in that situation before and our O-line is awful sometimes.

All we can do is wait and see. Like the OP said, this is the best D we've faced.
He was in that situation last year against the Cocks so he does have some experience.

Gawd i hope this is the sandbag job of all sandbagging jobs in the history of Voluteer football....( fingers crossed) Cause they sure got me fooled right now....

Unfortunately we aren’t sandbagging, we’re just not very good at American tackle football.

VN Store

Back