Tailgate question?

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
I know with a night kick, this game has become a hot commodity. We are coming from Georgia as always and are headed to a buddy's tailgate that lives in Knoxville. What's the earliest time people start rolling in for a tailgate for a night game like this? I don't wanna get to the free parking at Fiji Island and it be full.

Thanks volnation in advance

Just my opinion and what I've seen in the past, but you will have your hardcore tailgaters arriving as early as possible so they can get "their spot". However, I expect most normal tailgaters to start arriving around noon which should be plenty of time to eat, drink, and enjoy the experience prior to watching us kick the crap out of the gators! Just my opinion though

Reactions: #1ManningFan
There will be some people lined up for the prime spots when the lots open early Saturday morning. I'd say the majority of the crowd will hit campus shortly after noon, though.

I can't speak for anyone else but we get to our spot at 6am. But i'm coming from Kansas City (leaving tonight and heading that way for the FL game), so I want to have my "spot" before others claim. We do it big every year for tailgating because i can only make it for one game because we live so far. That early i don't see very many others. Only a few tailgate junkies like myself will be around but few and far between. If you want a good spot and avoid the traffic the sooner the better i say. A wise man once said you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangeByBirth

VN Store

Back