5* SC PG Josiah James commits to Tennessee

I could have understood losing a recruit to Duke but him going to Clemson wouldn’t have made a whole lot of sense.

There’s not much for them to offer compared to Barnes.

Seems possible. James is definitely tops since I've been following UT bball.

Tony Harris was a good get. Danny Shultz also (before my time). Rodney Woods was a great point guard but I have no idea how big of a signee he was. Johnny Darden was similar... great career but not necessarily a huge get. It was a pretty big deal when TN beat out UNC for Bert Bertelkamp, but he was a shooting guard when he signed.

Reactions: TNRazor
Porter-Gaud's five-star prospect Josiah James chooses Tennessee over Clemson

James averaged 10.6 points and 6.6 assists last season as a junior in leading Porter-Gaud to its third straight SCISA Class AAA state championship. This past summer, James played for Team USA’s U18 National team that won the gold medal in the FIBA Americas U18 Championship. James averaged 5.3 points and six rebounds a game during the tournament.
“He’s not the type of player that’s going to come in and average 20 points a game as a freshman, but he is a program changer,” Bossi said. “He allows you to get your five best players on the floor because he can play four different positions. You don’t have to score 20 points a game to have a huge impact on a program or a team and that’s what Josiah brings to the table.”

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back