Now that JJJ has committed....

People are saying Pember might be a 2020 addition instead of 2019 which would give us an extra slot

Reactions: RollerVol
12 on the current roster. 2 seniors leaving. Drew Pember, Davonte Gaines, and JJ are in the 2019 signing class.

If Pember does reclassify to 2020, then who would our top targets be for 2019?

Not sure how likely he is now with James in the fold.
Yeah, probably not likely but after JJ's announcement this morning I can't be told anything. haha
If it did go down, we'd have to have one of if not the best backcourt in the country w/ him, JJ and Bone

Reactions: cncchris33
I don't see Pember reclassing to 2020...just my opinion though.

Landing James gives me more confidence about potentially landing Springer for the 2020 class.

Reactions: ru4real-really?
I don’t think they’d fit well next to each other either. You’d like to pair James with a lights out shooter

But do you turn him away if he wants in?

Can’t see Barnes doing that but I could be wrong.

Are we still in on Jason Jitiboh from Chattanooga? Gotta replace Alexander as well. We might need a backup PG assuming James starts at PG, but maybe that can wait until 2020.

But do you turn him away if he wants in?

Can’t see Barnes doing that but I could be wrong.
No you can’t turn him away but finding shooting would be of the utmost importance. Lecque is an attacking, bouncy guard so he’d need space to work.

Don't sleep on Gaines. Hopefully, UT can get him early and get him into college level weight training. I think it will take a couple of years but this kid is the type of player that Barnes makes into a damn good SEC basketball player. Gaines has talent, imo, he just needs to be molded.

Pember has size and a great 3 point shot. Well, Pember can just plain shoot anywhere. I would prefer UT sends him to prep school and signs McBride, but I kinda doubt it now. Still, right now with Pember, Gaines and JJ, it's #10

If he maintains this level , then I agree. Let's be honest, the other 2 in this class might make someone question recruiting.
Not that it means anything, but Gaines and Schofield were similarly ranked coming out of high school, as are Pember and Williams.

I’m fine with recruiting guys like that if they aren’t the highlight of your class. Having a Josiah James committed makes taking Gaines and Pember more acceptable.

Not that it means anything, but Gaines and Schofield were similarly ranked coming out of high school, as are Pember and Williams.

I’m fine with recruiting guys like that if they aren’t the highlight of your class. Having a Josiah James committed makes taking Gaines and Pember more acceptable.

That's a valid point. Without JJ, I would be a lot more concerned

VN Store

Back