Some GOOD Florida game memories!!

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
Posted this before but in 2001, on a lark, my father decided to take myself and my 2 brothers down to FL for some golf and a trip to the Swamp.
Obviously it was a GREAT game and we will never forget it!
For Christmas my dad got each of us a personalized picture signed by Fulmer! It still hangs in my office!!

IMG_20180919_161411519.jpg

Here is a Closeup!

IMG_20180919_161403555.jpg

Amazingly we all 4 went again in 2003 and TN won again!!! I always Cherish the memory of these games and all the games I was fortunate enough to enjoy with my father!!!!

In 2005 my father was to sick and we couldn't go. He passed away in 2007 just after his 70th birthday.

I miss him Terribly, he was a great man and a Wonderful father.

I won't be back to the Swamp.

Wow great games to attend. That 03 halftime heave to Banks was awesome but the game in this pictures either the best or 2nd best Florida game in Spurrier era in my lifetime.

Never forget watching Spurrier interview later!

He said "Had a good season, had some good games, didn't win anything!"

Still makes me Smile, Hehehe!!!

Last edited:
I’ve been to two UF v. UT games. First UT game ever was ‘92 Florida, second half the sky opened up. I remember the stairs looked like waterfalls, my poncho filled up in less than a minute when I held it out in front of me. Oh, and we curb stomped the bad guys. I was 12 years old and have bled orange since. Two years ago I decided to take my oldest son to his first UT game. It was the ducks don’t pull trucks game. I bought my tickets on stub hub, and when they came postmarked from Gainesville, I knew I hade made a boo boo. Needless to say we were deeply entrenched in enemy territory and the first half was miserable. We were surrounded by jean shorts and mullets who honestly weren’t that terrible to us, but I’ll never forget the joy that came in the second half, when I got to scream my face off into the back of UF fans heads. I didn’t scream anything bad, but I did cup my hands around my mouth and focus my screams as much as I could into the back of those miserable fans heads. By the middle of the fourth quarter the fans in front of us were headed for the gates, and my son and I savored the sweet taste of victory! I’ve posted it on several other threads, but on a whim yesterday I bought two tickets to Saturday’s game, and I’m planning on screaming till my throat bleeds. WGWTFA and my record’s going to 3-0!

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
James Wilhoit redemption from 51 yards after missing the extra point.

I think I was in section D that night. Emphasize “think” because we had all day to get prepared. In my experience, that’s most likely the loudest I’ve ever heard Neyland. That and when the Gators tried a throw back on the kick return and he was tackled. What an awesome night that was.

Sunday....not so much. It was worth it though. Ahh the good ole days

VN Store

Back