Vols Wednesday Practice: Florida week

Fingers

Along the offensive line, Chance Hall continues to see work at left tackle, while former defensive tackle Kingston Harris was working with the 2s at right guard. The freshman is still learning how to step with the correct foot, but he packs a powerful punch.

otably, tight ends Dominick Wood-Anderson and Eli Wolf were heavily involved. You can tell Jauan Jennings is amped for Saturday, as the junior was talking all sorts of trash on the practice field today.

it appears that freshman Trevon Flowers has had a strong week of practice and the safety has climbed back up the depth chart after playing sparingly since the opener. Flowers was in both the nickel and dime packages Wednesday.

Scouts from the Bengals, Chargers and Seahawks were at practice Wednesday.
-Jesse Simonton

Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt spent the first period of practice watching and helping the quarterback and wide receivers work on different route combinations out of various formations and things of that nature. Tennessee's head coach then returned to the defensive field to oversee a pattern-matching period with the secondary. Pruitt looked fairly involved when he was with the offense and was frustrated by some scout-team miscues when with the defense.

Speaking of the secondary, it looks like Trevon Flowers and Alontae Taylor could be in line for bigger roles against the Gators.

Things pretty much were as is with the offensive line. Again, if Tennessee is making any moves up front, they aren't showing it when we are there. Chance Hall continues to work at left tackle and Riley Locklear is seeing more work at center. Freshman Kingston Harris, previously a defensive lineman, again worked at right guard behind Jerome Carvin.
-Patrick Brown

Peterson’s turn away from contact and then seemingly shoulder hurting were both concerning in different ways. He has a lot to make up and out of shape but hope he has the attitude for big boy football and to work hard.

*** The receivers were working on lots of NEW route combinations and formations Wednesday. Notably, tight ends Dominick Wood-Anderson and Eli Wolf were heavily involved. You can tell Jauan Jennings is amped for Saturday, as the junior was talking all sorts of trash on the practice field today.
My favorite line from today.

Peterson’s turn away from contact and then seemingly shoulder hurting were both concerning in different ways. He has a lot to make up and out of shape but hope he has the attitude for big boy football and to work hard.
That is what you got from watching the clips posted above? That is some fine tuned reading between the lines there. I basically didn’t see snything from those clips

That is what you got from watching the clips posted above? That is some fine tuned reading between the lines there. I basically didn’t see snything from those clips

Most of it was bland agreed. He just looked the least motivated to be there. Kind of stuck out. The rest routine. And maybe I paid more attention to him bc he is the newest guy in the vids and a lot of people were anticipating his arrival.

Most of it was bland agreed. He just looked the least motivated to be there. Kind of stuck out. The rest routine. And maybe I paid more attention to him bc he is the newest guy in the vids and a lot of people were anticipating his arrival.
No I noticed it too. And I didn’t realize who it was until they said his name. Def shoes away from contact a little.

Thanks, coach big boy

Sometimes I don't understand this fan base. Peterson was at Gruden level hype until he got here and now he's an out of shape scrub without the attitude to play "big boy football" all because of 10 seconds of practice film.

Some of you guys need to get a grip on reality.

That's how it tends to go with the Vols. Anticipated players tend to underwhelm. Kongbo was highly anticipated and he's yet to show what the hype was all about. I feel better about Peterson developing in CJP's defense than under Butch's

He is out of shape and had to recover from an injury. Probably natural to be a litte gun shy against someone that's been training during your entire recovery.
Probably give him a little time and see if it changes before forming an opinion.

He is out of shape and had to recover from an injury. Probably natural to be a litte gun shy against someone that's been training during your entire recovery.
Probably give him a little time and see if it changes before forming an opinion.
It was a shoulder injury too right?

I saw the exact same thing watching Peterson. He really looked like that little hit hurt his shoulder. I really doubt we get very much from him this year. He did look out of shape too.

Reasonable. Just was noticeably different than the rest. And I hope you are right and that is what it is

VN Store

Back