Great read about Strength Coach Fitzgerald

KBVol

How Steve Spurrier, boldness and an Uber driver helped Vols strength coach Craig Fitzgerald rise

A quick snippet....

"So I took a buddy out to lunch that day," Fitzgerald said. "I knew the Tennessee job was open, so I was talking to people about it — not anybody with any influence on it — just saying, 'Hey, what do you think? Who is going for that?' Just random thoughts.
"I'm out to lunch outside Houston. This guy pulls up, gets out of his car at the valet and he's wearing all Tennessee stuff. In Houston, right? I said, 'Hey, go Vols!' Me and my buddy were just messing around. The guy said, 'Go Vols!'
"I'm like 'How about that?' My buddy goes, 'That's a sign.' And I was like 'You're right. That is a sign.'"

How Steve Spurrier, boldness and an Uber driver helped Vols strength coach Craig Fitzgerald rise

A quick snippet....

"So I took a buddy out to lunch that day," Fitzgerald said. "I knew the Tennessee job was open, so I was talking to people about it — not anybody with any influence on it — just saying, 'Hey, what do you think? Who is going for that?' Just random thoughts.
"I'm out to lunch outside Houston. This guy pulls up, gets out of his car at the valet and he's wearing all Tennessee stuff. In Houston, right? I said, 'Hey, go Vols!' Me and my buddy were just messing around. The guy said, 'Go Vols!'
"I'm like 'How about that?' My buddy goes, 'That's a sign.' And I was like 'You're right. That is a sign.'"
Really cool story. How do you not like a guy like this?

I must’ve missed this before and after the hire...he actually CAMPAIGNED for the job?

Reactions: KBVol
That's a great article, thanks for sharing it.

Also like what Fitz tells us about Pruitt just from asking others while researching the job:
'Oh, yeah, this guy [CJP] is all ball. He's a great football coach.'

All ball.

Reactions: KBVol and Behr
That's a great article, thanks for sharing it.

Also like what Fitz tells us about Pruitt just from asking others while researching the job:

All ball.

Even more important is that the people saying CJP is "all ball" are NFL scouts. They know wherever Pruitt is that, given time, it will be a target rich environment!

Reactions: KBVol and VFL-82-JP

A quick snippet....

giphy.gif

I love to read about folks that go out and make things happen instead of taking the hand that fate deals you. THATS how you become successful, not by sitting back and waiting on it.

Awesome story.

Reactions: McDad and GRN1926
Excellent find and post, KB. The way Pruitt seems to always go after the really good ones, ya' gotta figure the really, really good ones will go after him first.

Come on Butchna you been on VN long enough to know that "No one wants to coach at Tennessee". smh get with it. :p
True dat. Getting old and forgetting truth and real and other stuff.

VN Store

Back