T-fense

I am trying to figure out what those of you have seen the first three games that gives any indication whatsoever that UT is capable of beating an SEC opponent much less one we have beaten once in the last decade.
I think it makes a difference that Florida has just as many problems as we do. Toss-up imo.

I am trying to figure out what those of you have seen the first three games that gives any indication whatsoever that UT is capable of beating an SEC opponent much less one we have beaten once in the last decade.
Hope. (Also, the fact that we have been playing very vanilla and still beating the last two teams, we played like crap and still put up over 500yds total.)

Even Vegas only has them at -4.5. Some of you guys try so hard to be negative it's laughable

It's not what we've seen in the first three games. It doesn't matter the opponent; however, being an SEC opponent makes the fandom crazy, being an SEC rival, makes the fandom nuts. Have no idea if they'll win or lose Saturday, but until that clocks reads zero, I'll believe that UT can win. I believe that with every opponent UT faces. Seen the good, bad, and ugly, but still yell as loud as I can. Don't care about the streaks, they all end, ask Kentucky. If you can't cheer for the team, I suggest finding another. Just like many here, spent a lot of money on gear, games, and travel to watch UT play, don't regret any of it.

The fact that WVU would have done the exact same thing to Florida that they did to us. Maybe even worse.

Reactions: Wolfeman_Vol
Because the team we are playing lost by 2 possessions at home to UK.....
That being "the swamp" where they've been notoriously good until the past 2-3 yrs. The gators are on about the same downhill slide as UT and both teams have talent but that talent wasn't coached well at either school. This game could give UT a shot of confidence if they can win but the 3 games that follow are much tougher. 3-4 is so much better than 2-5 and it's gonna be one or the other likely. Many may not notice it but this team will greatly improve about 5 wks. from now. UF at night with Neyland rockin oughta give these guys some motivation and at least they'll know they are appreciated. GBO!!!

Reactions: Volman69

nothing new, I'm just a Vol Homer...it's been a long time and guess I just can't stop being one...:D

GO VOLS BEAT GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chizzle said the main thing...Hope.

And ffs it ain't the friggin end of the world if some us cheer for Tennessee and talk a little chit on a damn message board during Florida week. Smdh. Besides, we have you and a few others trying to keep the rest of us grounded so "we" ALL don't look crazy in case some of the fans of other schools are reading, so Wgaf?

Why is this fan thang so fuggin hard to understand?

Lofl.

Go Mudder Trucking Vols!!!!

Reactions: RavinDave
Wasn't there some stat a few years ago that said either the team that outrushed the other in this game had won like 100% of the time...until last year I think?
That stat has proven true far more times than not over the last 30 years.

I've seen a team that's getting better every week. I've seen a defense that's swarming to the ball carrier. A defense that's taking better angles. That's gang tackling. That's getting better in coverage. That's finally starting to get some pressure on the QB. That hasn't given up a touchdown in 8 quarters.

I've seen a quarterback that's gaining confidence. A quarterback who is very accurate. Who is good on short, intermediate, and deep throws. We have a very reliable receiver in Palmer, and a playmaker in Callaway. We're 4 deep at RB, and every one of them is capable of shouldering the load. And, believe it or not, the OL is getting better. They're giving JG time to find his receivers, and they're doing a better job in run blocking.

Add to that the fact that Florida is down themselves. They just lost at home to a team that hadn't beaten them since the Reagan administration. The last time Kentucky beat Florida was the year before Emmitt Smith's freshman year.

Add to that the fact that the game is at Neyland. Yes I feel like we have a very good chance of winning this game.

Its flu season and Vol fans drink allot of Orange juice and Vol fans are hopeless romantics and Vols fans are so very tired of losing to the Gators and Vol fans hate the ol ball coach and his years of rants against his home state Vols and the Gators have won about 90% of the time and the reptile gators should have been extinct a million years ago and ...... and .......
Go freakin Vols beat hell out dem gators

Our defense will play inspired Saturday in front of a raucous home crowd. Much like '16. If we get it going in the 1st Qtr, watch out!!!!!

I think it makes a difference that Florida has just as many problems as we do. Toss-up imo.

This is our hope in a nutshell. Late Sat, someone is looking at the prospects of a forgettable season. Hope they suck worse than us.

Tangibly, we match up well, we have a real coach and AD, and we have home field advantage. Intangibles are huge here...there are more than a dozen recruits or potential recruits from the state of Florida going to this game. If we win, we could sow the seeds of our success and the gator's demise for many seasons to come. GBO!

Reactions: bmaultbay
Tangibly, we match up well, we have a real coach and AD, and we have home field advantage. Intangibles are huge here...there are more than a dozen recruits or potential recruits from the state of Florida going to this game. If we win, we could sow the seeds of our success and the gator's demise for many seasons to come. GBO!
Impressing a few recruits if we take care of Florida?

That's what I'd call lagniappe. Could sure use it too!

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver

VN Store

Back