Are we checkering on saturday?

Too bad. Could have been an awesome tradition. Just because butch was the coach when fans had a good idea doesn’t mean it has anything to do with Butch.
I disagree. It was a gimmick. Just like 3rd down for what, brick by brick, fist up defense, our entire offense etc. Wear orange and scream until you cant.

It can still be a tradition and something that’s done for big games. But just because it’s not done doesn’t mean it’s not a big game.
Also, to the poster that disagrees and says it’s a gimmic like all other Jones type ideas this was not a Jones idea. Checkering the stadium was spearheaded by fans so not sure how that’s a gimmick.

I disagree. It was a gimmick. Just like 3rd down for what, brick by brick, fist up defense, our entire offense etc. Wear orange and scream until you cant.

You mean like singing Rocky Top, running through the T, Neyland's Maxims, the Vol Navy, "It's football time in Tennessee", the Vol Walk, etc.?

All traditions start as what you consider a gimmick. Some stick, some do not. Checkering the stadium should stay.

dang skippy...heck just wear a checkerboard shirt and/or checkerboard poncho...:D

PS. oh yeah, scream loud!

GO VOLS...BEAT GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean like singing Rocky Top, running through the T, Neyland's Maxims, the Vol Navy, "It's football time in Tennessee", the Vol Walk, etc.?

All traditions start as what you consider a gimmick. Some stick, some do not. Checkering the stadium should stay.
To each their own. It was cool the first couple of times.

I like the checker Neyland deal, but I’m tired of seeing the team get boat raced and not up to the occasion when the fans enthusiastically do it. Hold off a year or two and have it mean something when the team is good again. Teams should fear coming to Neyland and seeing the orange and white checkerboard in the stands, and that ain’t happening anytime soon, obviously.

Lulz.

You: We are not a good football team, we won't be Florida and likely go 0-8 in the SEC again this year. All these people expecting us to beat Florida are delusional and setting themselves up for failure.

Me: Well, I wonder if they're gonna checker Neyland?

You: No more gimmicks, just win.

VN Store

Back