The Official What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Florida Edition

VolAllen

Ahhh, finally, it's football season. The Florida game is the beginning and the end of most seasons for Vol fans. This game typically wrecks my birthday weekend, but this year I was blessed with UTEP and a trip to Las Vegas. In my 20's, we beat Florida one time. ONCE! Let's see if I have better luck in my 30's.
What Other Message Boards Are Saying only goes down from here, so enjoy this one!

Here is what the Gator Faithful think about this Saturdays matchup.

***Chris Doering predicts Gators will lose to Tennessee***
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ering-predicts-gators-will-lose-to-tennessee/

Dan Mullen on the PI call back in '98
"There was a very questionable – very questionable – pass interference call," Mullen recalled this week. "I don't know who the officials were in that game – statute of limitations are up – but it was a very questionable call that gave them a first down when we could have taken a knee to win the game."

Concerning uniforms..
"UT will be wearing black and blue by the end of the game."

Random finds..
"It will be a pillow fight of epic proportions. I’ll be there. Might be the best of the worst wins this game"

"Two below-average QBs looking kind of clueless and not a lot of offense is how I see this game."

"And here is a tidbit of History. Gators have Won 12 of the Last 13 Games in the Series!"

"Well, their best football team is Vanderbilt."

"There is a new and improved version in Tallahassee but I’m with you ...I used to laugh at UT fans that were so passionately behind this guy, when it was so obvious to everyone else. Then again, I had Mac’s back until LSU of last year" (regarding Butch)

"We should win but whether or not we do remains to be seen. They start even slower than we do."

"They haven't been good for a while, yet we needed two fluke buzzer beaters to go 2-1 over the last 3. Coin flip to pick the winner of this one."

"FLORIDA has won 12 of the last 13 and 25 of the last 32 (going back 45 years). The Tennessee fans have seen 5 wins over FLORIDA in Knoxville over that 45-year stretch. If they think they have even a chance of winning the game (why wouldn't they?), they are going to be pretty amped up for it. That crowd will be rocking in Knoxville, but hopefully just for the first half"

"One team will come out of this game lower than worm dirt, for losing to the other. Neither team is very good. This matchup is a far cry from the titan games the two played against each other during the 90’s."

"Kentucky stank too, until they played us. We needed a Hail Mary to beat Tennessee last year. I hope our boys are taking this as serious as a heart attack."

"We are the better team. And we should win by 14+ ...but we just lack the mental toughness to put teams like this away. It’s been widely publicized that this is the one game Pruitt thinks they can pull off in a very difficult schedule. I expect the kitchen sink thrown at us. Hopefully our guys don’t get down at first sign of trouble. It will be closer than it should but we’ll pull it off 24-19"

"Stepping away from my normally pessimistic view, I can actually see Florida winning this handily. Definitely not a guaranteed W. But I'm starting to get a good feeling about Saturday."

"Tenn will be out in full force. This is the only game that they have a chance to win that means anything"

To be fair, they're seeing things pretty clearly. Reading their boards feels just like I'm reading Volnation.

"If we lose to Tenn.(which we shouldn't) on Sat, then we will be the 13 best team in the SEC. We will go 0-8 in SEC play and end up either 3-9 or 4-8. So all this talk about how we are stronger and more mentally tough than last year, our offensive line and wide receivers are better coached and we have the right coach will all be just words. If this happens, our 6 million dollar coach just got beat by a first time head coach who took over a worst mess than Mullen took over. He will have taken Mac's team and might have a worst record and made them worst. Plus if he loses to fsu with all their troubles then we are in a big mess. But if we win (which we should) then we will be 6-6 or 7-5, then win a bowl game, recruiting will be up and we start to become relevant next year and he is the right coach. While I am nervous about the game, I am expecting to think we are going in the right direction. Please Mullen, time to stop the bleeding and build for the future. Starts on Sat."

"Don't fret! If we lose to the VOLS and go 0-8 in the SEC, it's quite clear that Strickland will fire Mullen and go after Taggart, Kelly, or Frost." (HA!)

"This is a 50/50 game, and neither team is very good. There is pride at stake but not much else. Right now I've got us 4.5 wins (CSU, CSU, Idaho, and FSU, with UT being a toss up). So winning this game is the difference between a 4 win team and a 5 win team."

"I have 4 extra in the Florida section if anyone needs some tickets."

"102,000 fans and 3 last names. **** em"

"I believe we will be back one day but I don't get excited anymore, I like Dan minus he needs to add a few more stud recruiters. The quality of play has worn out most gator fans, it has really worn me out. When we get a real QB I'll will get excited again." (they'd never make it as Vol fans)

Score Predictions...

Florida: 37
Tennessee: 20

20 Good guys
13 Toothless

34-23 (didn't say who was on top)

38-10 Gators

24-21 (again, not sure if they understand how this works)

27-24 Florida - Gators win, but don't cover the spread.

17-14 Gators and it'll come down to the wire

5-3 gators. a safety in overtime seals it

27-20 - Gators (Tennessee goes for a last second hail-mary at the end and we intercept it!) HA!!

21-28 UT

Florida - 13
UT - 26

And the last line...

"Whoever loses this game should have to play Arkansas in a bowl to see who is the worst in the SEC."

92840818-1045-4E9B-9D86-3E8AE100E4BD.jpeg

V - O - L - S GO VOLS GO!!!

Last edited:
LOL, I'm going to assume this was in complete jest...…either that or this guy has no idea how college overtime works.

Also, apparently this guy think we're going to win :)

While HIGHLY unlikely, I suppose it is technically possible to score a safety in college OT.

Reactions: deezvols
5-3 gators. a safety in overtime seals it

tenor.gif

While HIGHLY unlikely, I suppose it is technically possible to score a safety in college OT.

I think I remember the Vols losing a ton of yards in the final OT against KY back in 2007 and setting a record for most yards in an OT. Is that correct or am I misremembering?

Maybe all the negaVols and negagayduhs can throw a gigantic get-together. They'd fill Mercedes Benz Stadium and boo together as their worst-players-ever all-stars fumble away anyone's chance to score...ending in a 0 to 0 triple-overtime tie. Sour grape wine and dill pickles for all.
UT-24
FU-13

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Still one of my favorite reads during football season.....Thank you for picking up the torch
I’ll try to do better. The last couple of weeks have been a mess with this storm and traveling and backed up work. I was laying in bed typing that up last night next to my sleeping wife and child who I hadn’t seen all day lol.

Reactions: LakeMaryFLVol
Always a great thread; entertaining comments by VN and the gator fans.

Both teams suck. Let the "battle of the bads" begin.

Reactions: VolAllen

VN Store

Back