Article with exciting stats for future of UT football

ShoalCreekVol

An article by someone called Dennis Tymkiw, with the following interesting nuggets:

- Tennessee has lost the last game it played against every other team in the league. (OK not exciting. I had forgotten about this...dangit)

- Tennessee is 465-128-17 at Neyland, the second-best record of any school at a current stadium. (That's something to brag about!)

- Tennessee ranks third in the league and 14th nationally in total defense, allowing 291.7 yards per game. (Immediate improvement #1. I realize the schedule can be spun different ways on this, but it's a great thing regardless, and a great sign for our future under Pruitt)

- The Vols also rank third in the SEC and eighth nationally in third-down conversions, allowing opponents to convert just 23.7 percent. (Immediate improvement #2, and probably the most important one in the big picture)

- Florida leads the league and is No. 8 in the country in pass defense, giving up 131.3 yards per game through the air. (They good at stopping the pass. Joke's on them, we ain't planning on throwin' it, a'ight? *spits in cup*)

- The Vols have five plays of 50 yards or more over the last two games, including an 81-yard run by Ty Chandler that was Tennessee’s longest run in 12 years. Last year, the Vols had just four plays over 50 yards the whole season. (Immediate improvement #3. Let that sink in. Infallible offense all that. Gotdangit Butch was awful))

- This is the second time ever that the teams have met when they both have a new head coach. (Bill Battle & Doug Dickey, I think?)

- The Vols have not allowed a touchdown in eight quarters. (I know, but but but COMPETITION...I get it...but come on last year we were a national joke for failing to score a touchdown for longer than that, so let's take progress and enjoy it)

- After missing all of last season with an injury, linebacker Darrin Kirkland Jr. leads the team with 17 tackles. He also has one sack and one interception. (Boom, DK is back! Great to see his hard work pay off)

GBO & BFF!

VN Store

Back