.Patience is a Virtue

surrealvol

Every time I walk into Neyland stadium, I want my Vols to whip up on whoever we are playing. It hurts me a lot when we lose a game...a lot! With that said, I realize that we cannot win every game and we must evaluate wins and losses based on where our team is at the time. We are so very young at this point in time and that is a major factor when playing in the SEC. However, I have seen youth triumph on the field and I am hoping for that to happen tomorrow. If we win, it will be of major consequence. If we lose (OUCH) it will not be the end of the world although it will sting my heart. We have some tremendous young men on our team and they are working hard to get our program back to where it belongs and I, for one, am determined to be as patient as I need to be until we get there.

Reactions: RollerVol
Same thing I said for about 8 of the past 10 years. However, now I have switched camps. The administration has had long enough to figure it out as a program and we as fans deserve wins now. I don't hold it against any of the current staff or players , but to say that we need patience is a tired argument. We need wins. Will we get a lot of them this year? No. However, I don't feel like I as a fan owe the program any more patience at this point. For example, Florida is a mediocre team at best and with our resources and talent we should beat them at home. No excuses.

It's not fair to CJP but I'm sure his agent explained the lay of the land before he took the job. That...and he's getting paid millions of dollars to shoulder our expectations. CJP can handle it, however it plays out on the field.

Anyone who expected immediate improvement needs to lower their expectations next time.

This same team didn’t win an SEC game last year.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
How many years in a row has someone posted this exact same thread? Shut up and expect to win and demand answers when we don't. At least Pruitt is owning the losses...that's more than we've had here in a while.

Same thing I said for about 8 of the past 10 years. However, now I have switched camps. The administration has had long enough to figure it out as a program and we as fans deserve wins now. I don't hold it against any of the current staff or players , but to say that we need patience is a tired argument. We need wins. Will we get a lot of them this year? No. However, I don't feel like I as a fan owe the program any more patience at this point. For example, Florida is a mediocre team at best and with our resources and talent we should beat them at home. No excuses.
Why do you "deserve" anything?

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
First of all I said "we". Second of all, WE as a fan base have committed money, time and many other forms of support to this program to a level where we should have expectations that a winning team is put on the field every year. Fan support is the main reason that Tennessee is the eleventh most profitable program in the country. Do we not "deserve" a reasonable return on our collective investment?

Reactions: RollerVol and KBVol

Given the unwavering support this fan base has given and continues to give this university’s football program, despite year after year of ish put on the field as a result of a severe lack of leadership and commitment from the administration.....I’d say the fan base “deserves” a hell of a lot more, infinitely more than the crap we’ve been given for at least a decade now.

Given the unwavering support this fan base has given and continues to give this university’s football program, despite year after year of ish put on the field as a result of a severe lack of leadership and commitment from the administration.....I’d say the fan base “deserves” a hell of a lot more, infinitely more than the crap we’ve been given for at least a decade now.

So true, Vol fans have been starving for so long.

Unfortunately, with the limited talent the Vols have been able to draw from instate, everything must click perfectly for UT to get back to where they once we're.
Recruiting, Recruiting and more recruiting, then a coach that can bring it all together, it's going to take quite an effort for Pruitt to get us back.
How long it takes is anybody's guess, I just hope it happens sooner than later, for everyone's sake...... Im tired of the sports talking heads poking fun at the Vols and being highlight reel fodder
Go Vols

Anyone who expected immediate improvement needs to lower their expectations next time.

This same team didn’t win an SEC game last year.

I disagree. Different year, different team, different schedule, and different coaches. Last year doesn't mean you get the same results this year. The old cliche, "If you always do, what you always did, You'll always get, what you always got" does not apply.

yep, it's been a hard row to hoe, but I ain't going nowhere...was, am, and always will be a Vol, as long as I'm around...;)

GO VOLS!

65 year old suffering from Battered Vol Syndrome just hoping to see a Vol team consistantly ranked in the top 25 each year like in the past and mentioned with respect in the media before I die. Not holding my breath LOL.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back